Sign in to follow this  
CATRESERVE

Making the best of it!

Headed out this morning with unbiased expectations, a full tank of gas, portable stove and homemade hamburgers for lunch...if the riding sucks then I will at least have a good TRAIL SIDE meal.  I had a friend tag along that was also interested in the idea that there is hidden snow.

The sun was shining...a snowmobilers nightmare...we need clouds don't you know.  Clouds bring cooler weather, less melting, less glare and a chance of snow at least.  I had seen the groomer on the tracks last night so we headed in that direction and then headed North.  The tracks are starting to show again but it was ride-able today.  Got up to the Notch and then headed back south through the woods.  Stopped along the way about 2:30 or so for a TRAIL SIDE lunch.  The homemade burgers were great with a nice thick sweet onion, cheese  and topped with ketchup.  Had a few minutes to relax, reflect and enjoy.

Continued our journey with fairly good conditions, south and western slopes getting beat up with the sun and warmer temps.  We need to get some more snow to smarten up the trails.  When we talk about creating a good, hard base... this is why we do it...it helps save us during these warmer spells.

Maybe the tract of this upcoming Friday storm will turn and give us some more winter.

Just needed to post something POSITIVE again...site is still pretty quiet!

IMG_0900.JPG

IMG_0901.JPG

IMG_0906.JPG

IMG_0908.JPG

Looks like you had a good day .

According to CNHSC's website and trail conditions post (made today but won't be pushed publicly till tomorrow...hence the 3/1/2018 date):

http://cnhsc.custommarketinggroup.net/category/trail-conditions/

To quote:

"Its spring snowmobile season I guess. Our trails are open and groomed and yes we have water in the low line areas. Tracks from Plymouth to Lincoln definitely have steel showing so use lots of caution. Storm coming in Thursday night thru Friday and we have no idea what will get rain or snow at this time.  Our grooming operations will continue as long as its cold. It is also the final weekend of school vacation so traffic could be heavy since many areas have no snow to ride on so ride safely and on your side of the trail."

Need snow and its getting thin around there.  Rain will definitely really hurt and finish some spots off and south slopes up high above Lost River on 156 coming from Lincoln getting bad as well as 155 from 152 heading north on the south slopes.  Tracks are opening up and showing more and more...track's bridge crossing have no snow north of Campton near train dining cars on left heading north and other bridges also. Tracks can be dangerous and challenging for many riders.  I hate it myself.  If it's a south facing slope it is taking a hit.

Pray hard for SNOW out of this next storm that they have no clue about!

Hope this helps.