smallengineguy

Damnit! (If that's allowed)

We had SO much snow until this weekend, went from 18" to bare spots in 2 days. Now it's going to freeze up harder than woodpecker lips and NO riding is to be done. Sometimes I hate "HER".... You know who I mean.

it seemed as if the season was going to be one of the best in recent years, but that went to $%^&  real fast!  Doubt if it will recover, looking at the long range forecast. 

3 hours ago, smallengineguy said:

Now it's going to freeze up harder than woodpecker lips 

We had a 25°+ temperature drop this morning over a 4 hour period. Maybe some snow in the Tuesday-Thursday time frame.

Right now, I'm looking at blue skies with a couple puffy clouds, but windy.

Here's the NWS graphic for today's weather.

weather.png

Edited by jhwentworth

HELL YA it's allowed ( if HELL YA is allowed)...

3 days ago there was good riding and nicely groomed trails statewide.  Now it is a total Do-Over .

Dammit indeed!

I logged a rough 30-40 miles today. Headed out planning on lunch at groveton trailblazers clubhouse but had a buddy run out of gas prior to our destination.....we planned on fueling up there as well. Missed lunch! Trails were thin, rough and tons of water. Fun to get some seat time with a couple buddies but felt like did more harm than good to the sleds. Me and my sled were a frozen ball of ice by the time we returned

1 hour ago, Freedom Rider said:

With all of the powder the water helps the snow pack and make a good base as it comes out of drag. At least that is what the experts post. Hahaha

So I guess this trail is gonna have a killer base in a couple days ..

(photo posted on PRRSC FB page)

Base.jpg

Edited by Old Thumper

56 minutes ago, Old Thumper said:

So I guess this trail is gonna have a killer base in a couple days ..

Well, it looks like decent trout water until that happens.

We still have good riding up here in Gorham we did not loose our base and only minimal water damage. We hope to get Cor. 19 south opened up this week now that the bridge is all done. Looks like we may get some more snow on Wednesday.

Maybe up to 8" of snow in the Concord area. It's a good restart if it happens. Biggest problem will be getting the ice back on the open water.

Had our truck and every door on our trailer freeze up solid this past weekend. Thank God for deicer. Kept the riding to a minimum and glad we did.