triplepleasure

updated my 12 year old daughters sled this season. Check it out!

Hi guys and gals.  I have been going through a 2000 Polaris 340 that I bought for my daughter over the summer and recently finished.  She is coming off a 2004 Polaris 120 with a few upgrades (clutch, gearing, in-take, jetting, etc.) but she got too big for it so it was sold.

The new sled was in rough shape when purchased.  It sat under a tarp for three years on a trailer and made a nice home for many small woodland creatures.   We added a little fresh fuel sprayed a small blast of starting fluid and she fired, even idled (kinda').  The electric start worked as did the heated grips and all the lighting so $450 later she was in the back of the truck and headed home.  After the eviction of the aforementioned woodland creatures the transformation began...

The only parts replaced were the slides, carbides and grips.  I figure I have between 30 and 40 hours into making her what she is today.  This weekend should be the maiden voyage.

Resized_20171221_181109.jpeg

Resized_20171224_222032.jpeg

Resized_20171207_175744(1).jpeg

20171223_142845.jpg

20180102_163954.jpg

acorns.jpg

20180102_163842.jpg

Edited by triplepleasure
pictures

Wow!  Nice work!  Looks brand new!  MAJOR Dad points for that!!!

Enjoy the maiden voyage.  Hopefully the huge grin on your face seeing her ride it for the first time doesn't get frozen on your face with the cold!

Edited by MTNBYKR

Good work, that cleaned up real nice!

Nice work under the hood.  Love the before and after pic. Congrats!

Great job. Your daughter will love it.

Thank you everyone for your kind words everyone. 

I cleaned the aluminum up with lightly running a Scotchbrite pad over it, then some steel wool (lightly) and then polished it with Mothers Aluminum Polish.  Mostly by hand.

Cleaning these things up for my kids is how  "relax"  I did an 04 REV 600 a few years ago for my older daughters

ho board before.jpg

ho board after.jpg