PolarisCobra

For you NHSledding Refugees

Pulled out the trailer from the back of the yard over the last week. Put in a little fresh gas, charged the batteries, and started the sleds. Smooth process, they are ready to go when the snow finally flies. 

Was cleaning the trailer Friday, greased bearings, and took of the wheels, lubed the studs and cleaned everything up so they wouldn't be rusted stuck if I get a flat at some point. 

Noticed this sticker on the side of my trailer. Must have been there at least 10 years I think. Who else had one?

A.jpg

B.jpg

That's probably the first Twin axle  2 place I have seen. 

It's kind of a Frankenstein trailer. I bought it as an open trailer, used it that way for a few years. I like the dual axle, it tracks well, and saved me when the hub broke off one axle a few years back, was really nice to have the other one to hold the trailer up and limp to a place that could fix it. 

I bought a single axle enclosed trailer, and moved the top to this one, then sold the open single axle. This one has a pull out ramp in back (could put the ramp on the front and drive off before the cap was on it), which is much easier to use than driving up a tilt trailer, so it was worth the trouble to move the cap to this one. 

I still have that sticker on the back of my old full-face helmet.  I mostly ride with my newer snocross style helmet now, but when it's really cold out I break out the old one with the heated shield.  I miss the old Rob rides...

That photo is actually a combination of two different pictures...  The bottom part is from a picture that Rob took on one of his big rides, and the top part is from a picture that I took of Mt Washington with fresh snowfall on the peaks.  Rob photoshopped them together and had the stickers made... 

IMG_0517.thumb.jpg.9ed3b77a615583ff4f211d0b86377c0b.jpg

Here's the original pic that made the top of the sticker...

DSCF0319.JPG

Edited by MTNBYKR

I am stll using Paint Shop Pro editting pictures ...

that group picture was from the BIG Rob Ride out of Gus’s house.

I think we left around 9am and got back around 7:30pm or so.

Gus was in the dog house because his son was suppose to be back long before that ... LOL ...

I beleieve we did 184 miles that day.

I will try to remember to post a bunch of pictures from that ride.

I think we should get a ride together this Season 

Rob ...

Ha  Great memories  I still have a bunch of those stickers around and still have one on the windshield of the old Yami.. Still talk with Gus ( Houseofarcticats) Havent seen Ironbutt in a while though  Hi Mike  lol

Hey Guys, 

Wow I have not been on here in a long time. Awesome to see some old names. Those stickers bring back so many awesome riding memories. I still ride a little bit, not like I use to. My kids play multiple sports so that keeps me pretty busy on the weekends. I hope to get out a little more this season though. Spent half day last Sunday getting sleds ready. 

Well got to run. Chat soon.

Eric

well my sledding season was taking the sled from my shed to my garage

to get ready. Then is was over that fast ... Broke my left lower leg ( fibula )

in 2 places and my ankle in 2 places plus torn ligaments. Surgery was on

March 1st and now on crutches for 3 months and another 3 months with

limited pressure on it. 

Rob    .....

41AA31D3-D18B-4CF0-B716-D7211D7F641F.jpeg

2DEC03F5-1710-44B4-8C02-AF6A3729213C.jpeg

5A684899-B85B-484B-A258-5A5A8E040E72.jpeg

E273FE9E-ED85-4124-8456-C6A00CE2A337.jpeg

That sucks big time Rob. Heal up well, you should be all set for the Harley in July.

I don't see why you can't put some skis on the scooter and head for the trails. 

Probably could take some sweet jumps...  :lol:

Hope it heals up well.