Sign in to follow this  
smallengineguy

Grass drags- who went?

Went on Saturday, place was PACKED! Well managed, good parking, AWESOME drags and water cross. Ton of flea market stuff too. Anyone else go? Opinions?

I've never parked so far away.  It was worse than the deerfield fair without the shuttles.  Other than that it was good.  Didn't see a lot of club involvement (Weare, Umbagog, and of course workers).   The drag racing was really good.  That poor TSI guy.  It was so loud talking with him.

I was there Saturday, too warm and dusty for me in the afternoon, before noon it was great though 

Plenty of deals and good racing 

I really don't think they expected such a crowd! Maybe the suggestion of a shuttle for next year is a good idea! We got there at 9 so we weren't far away at all.

The wife and I took the boys on Saturday, saw a ton of people I know. Place was definately packed, I think the forcast for Sunday made everyone show up on Saturday. We grabbed some lunch looked at the new sleds bought some parts in the swap meet and saw a freestyle show, wife and kids came home happy!

Didn't get to go this year, but I did learn some time ago that it really pays to show up early if you can. Much better parking and crowds. 

we were there when the gates opened on Friday.  Stayed most of the evening.  Back again on Saturday from 1ish until 5:30 or so.  Spent lots of money on gear and stuff.  Had a blast, talked to a lot of folks and watched a lot of racing on all sides.  Probably one of the best events they have put on.

I have never been able to make it, maybe next year will finally be the year.

We went, ditto on the parking situation (Friday). Think we ended up parking in another city. B)

Funny, we were disappointed.  Thought there were less snowmobile oriented booths and those that were there, we thought brought less stuff with them. First year ever we didn't buy something.

Edited by Saluda

12 hours ago, snorander said:

I have never been able to make it, maybe next year will finally be the year.

You're passionate about the sport and from what I know, you've been sledding for many years.  Make sure you check it out next year...you can't imagine what you've been missing.:yahoo:

1 hour ago, rossi46 said:

You're passionate about the sport and from what I know, you've been sledding for many years.  Make sure you check it out next year...you can't imagine what you've been missing.:yahoo:

Yup, Been snowmobiling for 46 years...never been to Pittsburg either LOL

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 8:43 AM, Saluda said:

We went, ditto on the parking situation (Friday). Think we ended up parking in another city. B)

Funny, we were disappointed.  Thought there were less snowmobile oriented booths and those that were there, we thought brought less stuff with them. First year ever we didn't buy something.

You go to the same show? LOL I think the only booth NOT snowmobile related was Chappell Tractor

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 8:43 AM, Saluda said:

Really, lawn mower racing. What does that have to do with snowmobiling ? And to dump the sno-cross crew for that. Sometimes changes ruin a good thing. The water cross was second to none.

T shirts, stickers and 46 places to get greasy food. My dealer was there, said he heard the same thing from some of his customers.

NHSA always has a good line of clothing, not this year.

Edited by Saluda

I got a good deal on bibs and jackets for me and my daughter.  Got boots for her and mirrors, fuel tank and storage  for my sled.  Didn't save HUGE money but still saved some.  I was happy to see the groomers represented, even bought a few things there too.  I always save money by waiting to buy there.  Some years there were more selections than others, this year was not as good as others, but deals could definitely be found, if you looked and shopped.