Sign in to follow this  
skully

Drone video back in March 2017

OK ... so last March 2017 I bought a Mavic drone and took it up with me to Pittsburg, NH to film some video. Just for the fun of it. Was hoping to carry it in the backpack case but unfortunatley I forgot the charger cable for the controller but did get some AWESOME video ( about an hours worth ). Paul saw the raw footage and asked if I could do a video for his website. Mind you this is not what I had in mind at all when I brought it. My plan was to carry it while sledding and catch neat footage of people riding along the trail. I finally had the time to truly fully edit the video. IMHO ... it came out pretty kewl and can not wait to go back up again and get some really, really mind blowing video. Let me know what you all think. BTW ... Ramblewood (Paul) is going to use it for advertising on his Ramblewood website ;-)
I can't wait until next Winter now .... LOL ...

Nicely done Skull Man! I can see why Paul would want to use it!

pathB)finder

thanks ..... my first time flying not being in beginner mode .... plus my first flights longer than 100 feet from me. It was hairy at first having it so far away. I just wish I had the charger cord because I would have loved to take it to Back Lake and chase the sleds racing on the lake. Or even sit along the trail chasing any sled that went by. Cant wait for next Winter ... 

Rob ...

Good job Rob! If you're looking for thoughts on it I'll throw a couple out for you. I've found that the sweet spot for videos like this is between 2 and 3 minutes. Whenever I make longer videos the You Tube analytics show that people loose interest and stop watching. Also, on the still photos that you added to the video, you can crop them to 1920 x 1080 before adding them so they are the same size as your video.

I hope you don't mind the constructive criticism, I'm just trying to help :drinks:

No ... that is why i posted .. I want constructive criticism because that is the only way i will learn.
Ya that is what I figured ...but it is so hard trying to keep it to 2 to 3 min ... LOL ...
Also I think they say it is best to try to do 10 to 20 second clips and fade to next one.
I will have to write down the crop photo idea .. did not know that.
Thanks ....

Rob ....