Shifty

Ny guy lost in the burg

Thanks for posting shifty...we're up here now. I hope the hell I'm wrong, but I've got a sinking feeling about this. 

The good thing is that it is not that cold (compared to normal Jan. temps).  He may have gotten stuck and decided to hunker down.

He has been located in ME.  Condition unknown at this time.

He was located at Bosebuck Camps and it sounds like he will be returning to the Burg on his sled.

Good News!!!!!!!

Great news, thanks for the update.

Saw his mother and father at Young's Sunday morning, they were very thankful to everyone who helped with the search, Including several of his family and friends that drove up to Pittsburg  Saturday night and went out on snowshoes and sleds to find him.

I was very happy to hear of his safe rescue, brought tears to my eyes talking to his parents, everyone is capable of making a mistake on the trails, at least he had the common sense to run the machine to keep him warm, had to get towed back because it ran out of gas.

Missed you at the turkey dinner Mark, Helga was busy as usual...

Many thanks to all the club volunteers, I for one truly appreciate it B)

Edited by Nor'easter

43 minutes ago, Nor'easter said:

everyone is capable of making a mistake on the trails,

My understanding was he was not operating on the trails, is this not true? Is that legal? 

46 minutes ago, jhwentworth said:

My understanding was he was not operating on the trails, is this not true? Is that legal? 

According to the press release attributed to NH Fish & Game, he was operating off trail when he got lost. However, since he was located just over the border in Maine, NH authorities had no jurisdiction. The Fish & Game officer interviewed stated if he was still within our border when located he would have faced the possibility of stiff fines. 

All said, thankfully he was found safe and has hopefully learned a very important lesson!