rickzach

Knock, knock, Knock...Hey can Billy and Joey come out to play???

I'm off next week (weekdays).   Might anyone be going to the Burg midweek?

I'm not out to spin that odometer in a 200-mile blur (been there, done that many times) but just plain enjoy the area and experience as much as we can.

Rick Zach
cell 603-703-4740

IMG_20141214_144652.jpg

Edited by rickzach

Looks like I'll be staying at Buck Rub.  Arrive Monday mid day, leave Wednesday unless I can concoct an excuse to extend!  A nice place, very reasonable price.  Might be riding with OVR and Old Thumper.

But work doesn't suck either.   Pictures are below, one is my office window view taken today.  The night shot was taken from Pistol lift which is not the summit.

office_view1.jpg

Gunstock_Mt_Rowe_lower.jpg

Edited by rickzach

Gunstocks a nice place. Skied there for the first time a few years back.

It was actually my favorite area BEFORE I worked there. Unlike Loon, (which I also like) at 1:30 the trails are not trashed and icy.

Like Loon and Cranmore, the trails have personality.

Love the night shot!  What a cool pic!

I love Gunstock.  I'm not a skier, but I used to race mountain bikes there in the 2000's when they had their weekly cross country MTB race series.  People there are so nice, and the series was so much more laid back than the other series I raced in.  Every Wednesday night at 6pm.  Good times...

Mgt spends a lot of effort to have a guest-centric culture.  They make it a fun place to work with the assumption that it will translate to the guests.

I spoke to our GM about having a sled hill climb in the spring.  He thinks that it is a good idea and it almost happened a few years ago.  All he needs is some organization to grab the baton and run with it.  With insurance I assume!

On 1/31/2017 at 0:11 PM, rickzach said:

I spoke to our GM about having a sled hill climb in the spring.  He thinks that it is a good idea and it almost happened a few years ago.  All he needs is some organization to grab the baton and run with it.  With insurance I assume!

Our club already has our hands full with the number of fundraisers we already do, but hopefully another club will jump at that idea.  I'd probably go.  Add a vintage show to the event and I'd be there for sure!