Sign in to follow this  
renegade74

Ossipee Lake conditions

Looking to get to C19 and connecting trails this weekend from the southern end. Any up to date ice conditions on the main lake? Saw tracks at the northern end and shoreline north this past weekend but nothing south and middle. 

What shape is C19 in?

Are you north of the RR closure?  That would be Rt 171 or Old Granite Rd. If you are south of that, you will have to trailer north, as the lakes are not frozen (Pine river Pond)

C19 was not in too bad of shape Saturday, as rails were exposed somewhat, but after all this rain I doubt if any trails are any good

I would not trust any lake in the state at this time. Especially one the size of Ossipee .

Mainlake is sketchy.. you need to know where and what your doing to maybe cross this weekend, but highly not reccommended.   Broad Bay is crossable and did so last week. Drilled holes in the middle 8".   But again you need to know where and what your doing anywhere on Ossipee or its bays...  

Be careful in that bog area, may not be frozen yet. Sledd buried himself in there last week. 

That was before the storm though.   Bog should be fine.  As you first come onto the bog there was a little rut but should be ok now.   

Would be great to hop on and leave from the house but I'll give it more time to freeze over.....don't want to be a test dummy :o Gonna be trailering to the airstrip....Thanks for all the info.