Sign in to follow this  
CATRESERVE

CABIN RENTAL in Central NH Baker River Area...on trail.

I have a cabin for rent in Dorchester in the Baker River SC trail system on North Dorchester Road in the upper elevation.  You can ride out the door and enjoy the scenic groomed trails of Hardy Country, Baker River, Lyme Pinacle, SnowDrifters, Central NH, Cartigan Mtn, Bridgewater just to name a few.  You can ride in all directions with lots of terrain changes and places to visit and eat at.  You can check it out on HomeAway.  For some reason I can't post pictures on this site due to my older operating system. 

$165/night minimum 2 nights for up to 5 people.  2 story, 3 bedroom, 2 full bathrooms, full kitchen with everthing, SAT TV, gas fireplace and oil heat, sled storage.  Sorry no smoking and no pets.  All you need in food and drink, linens/pillows or sleeping bag, and towels.

Check it out and I'll answer any questions.  Close to skiing and other winter activities!                          https://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p4086570

I may be interested in the cabin for myself at some point but currently a friend of mine is interested but would need to rent sleds for the family.  Are there any places close by that rent machines and gear?

Nothing in the area any longer.  They used to rent sleds at New Found Power Sports in Bridgewater but they no longer do it.  The cost associated with sled rentals is so high.  There is a place in Lincoln but I do not think you can take the sleds with you.  You may have to let them use your sleds!

Bruce

Use my sleds...ummm... nahhhh.....  LOL  Thanks for getting back to me though. 

What town is your cabin in/near?  I used to live in NH and am failrly familiar with most of the state but its been 15 years so I am drawing a blank with the  "Baker River area description

It is in Dorchester, NH just north of the Baker River Club House in the upper elevation.  Exit 26 in Plymouth then go West on 25.  It  is 4.5 miles uphill from rt 25 on North Dorchester Road.

The area clubs are out and grooming and you can get from club to club, area to area.  A great place to stay and ride out of...bring your sleds, family, friends...eat, sleep, ride and ride some more.  Trails are  good in the elevations and okay in the lower elevations, thin toward Warren and lower elevations of Lyme. 

Looks like a nice place.

Yes it is a great spot.  Sits up in the elevation, close to the trail.  Shed to keep sleds in...just like home!  Had a few people in the other weekend.

IMG_0653.JPG

Good riding today.  Hardy country-Cardigan Mtn-Baker River 

I still have some availability for the end of this month and March.  Close to ski areas and X-country, snowshoeing, great riding, ice castles in Lincoln(you can ride to), nice places to eat and live entertainment you can ride to.   Lots of loops and destination rides of all shapes and sizes with the entire NH Trail System.

Let me know if any questions.