ckf

Official SledNH weather thread

4 hours ago, rossi46 said:

You have a great wife! 

Yes, thanks.

I was pleasantly surprised by today's NWS forecast for next week. Yesterday it looked like a mostly liquid forecast for the Concord area, but today that changed to a mostly solid event. The NWS guys think a shot of cold air from Canada will arrive on Sunday, and persist for a couple days. The predicted result is shown in these two images.With colder temperatures it should be mostly snow, with the rain coming Tuesday afternoon.

Green=Rain  Orange= Sleet  Blue=Snow  Purple= Freezing rain

weather1.PNGweather2.PNG

Edited by jhwentworth

The local TV weather was saying the same thing on their report early this morning. Hopefully the cold air arrives so that snow falls throughout NH / VT :good:

Even the Boston stations said that the cold coming down was a surprise, and hinted that the storm coming could turn into a winter nor'easter. Would be great to get a decent shot of snow up there. 

We picked up about an inch of snow here last night. The nice thing is that it stuck to yesterday ice, so at least it's not as slippery walking in the driveway.

20 minutes ago, AdrenalineJunky said:

Island pond is about 40 minutes from our lodge right near bloomfield VT. I take it there was no accumulation then? Anything in forecast? 

Not much here in town, 6-8 inches of dense snow. Trails are pretty icy here in the lower elevations from what I have been told. I hear it's still OK in the hills.

Last night the NWS was forecasting up to an inch of snow, we got 6". Tons of sleds around town this weekend.

Have fun on your sled John.

Currently 18° with light snow falling here in northern VT. The forecast is calling for the snow to change to sleet & freezing rain overnight. Tomorrow they are forecasting it to turn to rain with a high of 37° :(

Way down here in Central Mass, we are looking at a roller coaster. Two inches of crispy snow and sleet yesterday, before it changed to rain. 30 deg outside right now VERY ICY, accidents everywhere. Later today, 50 deg. Tomorrow - expecting about a foot of snow, which I'm looking forward to, need to do a little riding around the yard here. 

Today was rather chilly here in the NEK of VT with temps in the single digits. Even though it snowed all day, we only picked up another inch and a half of new snow.

4 minutes ago, ckf said:

Today was rather chilly here in the NEK of VT with temps in the single digits. Even though it snowed all day, we only picked up another inch and a half of new snow.

Well, down south there was a party going on, and you weren't invited.

About 10-12" here in RI. Our wonderful governor addressed the state this morning indicating they would be using a new technology called snow plows. They also suggested the use of these rare minerals called salt and sand to treat the roads....what a joke!

people are so soft down here when it comes to snow.....earth shattering news

been out plowing since 1300hrs

Edited by classicdmax

Got at least a foot here . Guess I'll run the sled this weekend.

So now instead of comparing truck miles to sled miles we can compare snowblower hours to sled hours !

We've been getting light snow all afternoon here.

On another note, I went to Colebrook this morning and met 51 trailers headed south in the 13 mile stretch between North Stratford  and Colebrook. On my way south I only met 2 trailers heading north.

It's snowing like hell down here. We unloaded at NewEngland Dragway . Put on 65 miles and got back to the truck before the visibility got real bad. Great job on the trails Newfields Snow Raiders and SNHSS.

It's hard to tell with all of the blowing and snowing, but it looks like we've picked up 3-4 inches so far.