ckf

Official SledNH weather thread

Picked up exactly 6" at my house in Bow, but it has settled down to 4" or so. Hoping this can be a nice base and the start of a good season. But we need quite a bit more.

I'm already sick of these up and down temperature swings.

2 hours ago, Saluda said:

I'm already sick of these up and down temperature swings.

It warmed up above freezing for about 6 hours here yesterday. Just long enough to make an icy mess when things froze back up last night. It should help create a base on the trails though.

OK, I'll go with that positive thought.

Okay, this is speculation, not observation, but it does appear that there's some kind of consensus around snow on THursday. The NWS says " No doubt 6"+ snow amounts would be possible with the consensus low track", and weather.com is calling for 9"-15", so this could be the storm that opens up the southern-central trails. It's surprising how much snow remains from the earlier small snows, and 10" more would do a world of good. Tomorrow looks like a warm day, and we'll lose some snow, but later in the week looks pretty good. 

1 hour ago, nhgator said:

That is good news,once over the Christmas money free for all registration monies are easier to come by.

So, you're kinda just getting over the best Christmas that money can buy? There ain't many Walton moments left at Christmas, are there. This probably isn't the place to express that sentiment, but what the heck.

Got about 9" so far here in Gorham so far still snowing hard at 8:25!

We have 3 groomers are ready to go.

19" here on my deck a tiny bit more out front  at 19.5" I still got a bunch of cean up to do tomorrow.  Our Groomers are ready to go.  We had a little packe dthe last we had so there was a little base out there. I'm thinking it'll be a good weekend to Ride in the New Year.

About 16" here in the Milton area! NOW we can start the season!

Trails in the South are still closed. I saw this post on the Snow Slickers page.

Trails Update! The NH Bureau of Trails Report has listed that Bear Brook and Pawtuckaway State Parks would be opening this weekend. We have checked with the District Supervisor and that report is false. "Bear Brook and Pawtuckaway remained closed until we get more snow" Sorry as I wish I had better news for us in the South!!

About 10-12 or so in elevation in groton and  received 1.5-2" this afternoon/evening.  Need cold weather to get rid of the damn water bars and to set up this snow!

About 3-4" of heavy dense snow mixed with ice pellets great for adding base!