rickzach

Why so quiet on slednh.com?

I hate Facebook and won't use it. I do like this site.

Edited by Saluda

gees John, the sound of leaves falling has got them stirring,,,,,,

In terms of some of the posts in this thread,  I can report this,,,,

The directors have not heard anything from the NHSA office yet as the fact exists that the office has not heard from the AG's office  yet,,

I don't know  a few of these things but  my common sense is guiding me on this reply,,,,

In no way am I or any NHSA director in a position to mitigate the complaint to the office of the AG as we have no clue what it is,

It is felt that once the office of the AG reviews the complaint  a call is likely to the NHSA office to verify if the complaint needs to be acted on,,,,

it is then that the full board is to be notified,   it TRULY makes sense that to speculate is NOT FAIR to the party that filed the complaint OR the NHSA board of directors and general membership .

I will comment that there are MANY factors that have to be considered here,,,

#1 NHSA was informed that a electronic membership program needed to be put into place as NH F&G was going electronic with the registration side,,  

#2 Roger Wright went to every County to ask input, and well,,,, the more opinions you get on anything the rougher the task  can get,,  not every person wanted the same thing!

#3 The release hit in time for a disaster winter!

#4 The NHSA BOD has spent MANY hours with their sleeves rolled up TRYING in vain to best represent their county's interest at every Board meeting,, HOWEVER  every time I have witnessed, a vote of the majority of the board ruled.  I feel that we all understand that we MUST work with the consensus!

#5 As a director I have observed  some house keeping "thoughts" that I feel I need to bring to the board,, I clearly am seeing good earnest people adjusting to their new rolls,  there is no tine to just "stop" the association from running its day to day obligations to allow people time to fill their rolls.

Mistakes will be made, but based on the quality of people I am sitting with they will ONLY be 'mistakes"

I feel that with a few "tweaks"  a few hundred tons of "shit" will soon dissipate.... I am promising NOTHING as I am just ONE member but I have my opinion of the board, the room is vastly improved,,,,, perfect?  not yet,,, but positively trying,

Edited by rivercat

37 minutes ago, Saluda said:

I hate Facebook and won't use it. I do like this site.

I TOTALLY agree!!!!!!

Thank you for your hard work!

9 hours ago, rivercat said:

I TOTALLY agree!!!!!!

Ahh is that why you haven't accepted my friend request :)

14 hours ago, dirt dummy said:

Is this a good forum to find drip trays?

Drip trays are like studded tracks .......you don't need them unless it gets slimy....still got yours though..wrapped in plastic and developing a fine layer of dust on it.

8 minutes ago, Old Thumper said:

"Drip Trays" ???  :huh:

I thought those were for Harleys ...

Harley's are awesome,converting gasoline into noise without the added by product of horsepower for over 100 years now.:lol:

Maybe that's the kind of can Dirt Dummy needs................

4 minutes ago, ckf said:

It's good to see the site become a little more active over the past few days. Keep it up guys :good:

Must be Daylight Savings Time change getting to everyone.Snow normally is not far behind.

11 hours ago, Old Thumper said:

"Drip Trays" ???  :huh:

I thought those were for Harleys ...

Aren't those put under wheelchairs in nursing homes and hospitals? They are also used under chairs when Dirt Dummy serves his 6 alarm chili or salsa.

On 11/7/2016 at 10:43 PM, rivercat said:

gees John, the sound of leaves falling has got them stirring,,,,,,

In terms of some of the posts in this thread,  I can report this,,,,

The directors have not heard anything from the NHSA office yet as the fact exists that the office has not heard from the AG's office  yet,,

I don't know  a few of these things but  my common sense is guiding me on this reply,,,,

In no way am I or any NHSA director in a position to mitigate the complaint to the office of the AG as we have no clue what it is,

It is felt that once the office of the AG reviews the complaint  a call is likely to the NHSA office to verify if the complaint needs to be acted on,,,,

it is then that the full board is to be notified,   it TRULY makes sense that to speculate is NOT FAIR to the party that filed the complaint OR the NHSA board of directors and general membership .

I will comment that there are MANY factors that have to be considered here,,,

#1 NHSA was informed that a electronic membership program needed to be put into place as NH F&G was going electronic with the registration side,,  

#2 Roger Wright went to every County to ask input, and well,,,, the more opinions you get on anything the rougher the task  can get,,  not every person wanted the same thing!

#3 The release hit in time for a disaster winter!

#4 The NHSA BOD has spent MANY hours with their sleeves rolled up TRYING in vain to best represent their county's interest at every Board meeting,, HOWEVER  every time I have witnessed, a vote of the majority of the board ruled.  I feel that we all understand that we MUST work with the consensus!

#5 As a director I have observed  some house keeping "thoughts" that I feel I need to bring to the board,, I clearly am seeing good earnest people adjusting to their new rolls,  there is no tine to just "stop" the association from running its day to day obligations to allow people time to fill their rolls.

Mistakes will be made, but based on the quality of people I am sitting with they will ONLY be 'mistakes"

I feel that with a few "tweaks"  a few hundred tons of "shit" will soon dissipate.... I am promising NOTHING as I am just ONE member but I have my opinion of the board, the room is vastly improved,,,,, perfect?  not yet,,, but positively trying,

Dave, you are in the wrong thread. This should be under Question of the day thread or Formal complaint thread. That is all, over and out!

14 hours ago, slushpup said:

Drip trays are like studded tracks .......you don't need them unless it gets slimy....still got yours though..wrapped in plastic and developing a fine layer of dust on it.

Isn't the slime in a hot dog machine where the flavor comes from? Gotta love when the Red hot dogs from Maine turn green, you know it's time to cover them with chili and eat.

4 hours ago, nhgator said:

Green dogs from the bottom of the steamer are one of lifes little joys.

I think I just puked in my mouth!!

I'm sure Facebook has taken some of the traffic, which is a shame.  Personally, I can't stand Facebook.  I deleted my account over a year ago and haven't looked back.  It has some good things, but overall I think it's a huge waste of time.

I don't spend as much time online as I used to, but I do still read a lot on this site.  I haven't been posting as much, usually because there hadn't been a lot of things happening, so sometimes it feels like you're talking to yourself.  Lol.  I would imagine that there are others that feel the same way.  If we can all just keep the site active, more people will post, and it will just "snowball" (yes, pun intended).

I came from the old NHSLEDDING site, and that was a very close-knit group that got together for a lot of group rides.  They were all people that when you talked to them they were like old friends, and when you met them in person for the first time it was like you had known them for years.  Lot's of those folks migrated here, and this site has a similar feel.  I still get together with a few of the peeps from that site, and I hope to meet more from here.  

Edited by MTNBYKR

Group rides? I'm in! Especially if we are in an NOXORC video!

My job commits me to "must-work" Sun, Mon, Tues and the other days are very flexible.  I'm from Gilford but often go to the Milan, Erol, Colbrook, Pittsburg areas.

FB_IMG_1476153253021.jpg

Edited by rickzach