MTNBYKR

Off topic: Route 118 road conditions?

I know this is a shot in the dark here, but I'm taking tomorrow off and planning a long motorcycle ride.  I'm wondering if anyone here knows if Route 118 from Warren to Lincoln has been paved in the last year?  The road has some amazing corners and scenery, but the last time I was on it the pavement condition was about as bad as it gets.

Thanks.

-M

It's paved from the Warren side until you peak out at the top and then turns to shit. Not sure why they haven't finished paving the other side.

Thanks!  

I hear you...  I wish they would pave the whole thing.  That would be a great motorcycle road with good pavement.  I'll probably make a game-time decision tomorrow whether or not I take it.  I usually just plan a general route and then wing it as I go.  I guess half of it being paved is better than nothing.

Thanks again...

Well I decided to take 118, and it was just like Iggy said...  Great on the Warren side and crap on the Lincoln side.  I noticed that they are replacing all of the culverts and doing some ditch work on the Lincoln side, so maybe that means they are going to pave it.  We can only hope...

And good news for any other motorcycle riders out there...  Route 113 from Holderness to Tamworth, which is one of my favorite motorcycle roads, was all fresh pavement, and pure bliss...  Lots of corners that are marked 30 MPH were taken at, well let's just say a LITTLE over 30 MPH...  Lol

All in all a great day of riding.  240 miles of de-stressing...

FZ 8:5:16.jpg

Edited by MTNBYKR

Looks like a great day for a ride! Like the bike!

On 8/5/2016 at 6:13 PM, MTNBYKR said:

Well I decided to take 118, and it was just like Iggy said...  Great on the Warren side and crap on the Lincoln side.  I noticed that they are replacing all of the culverts and doing some ditch work on the Lincoln side, so maybe that means they are going to pave it.  We can only hope...

And good news for any other motorcycle riders out there...  Route 113 from Holderness to Tamworth, which is one of my favorite motorcycle roads, was all fresh pavement, and pure bliss...  Lots of corners that are marked 30 MPH were taken at, well let's just say a LITTLE over 30 MPH...  Lol

FZ 8:5:16.jpg

Here's the NH DOT paving schedule for 2016. Route 118 repaving is scheduled for Canaan, Dorchester, Groton, Rumney, and Woodstock. Search for Pavingg ID # 16201, 16221, and 16106.

On 8/5/2016 at 6:13 PM, MTNBYKR said:

Rte. 113A from North Sandwich to Tamworth Village is another fun road on a bike :good:

On August 7, 2016 at 9:31 AM, smallengineguy said:

Looks like a great day for a ride! Like the bike!

Thanks!  My '05 Yamaha FZ6 with almost 20,000 miles.  Bought it new, and still love it!  Best bike I've ever owned.

On August 7, 2016 at 10:09 AM, jhwentworth said:

Here's the NH DOT paving schedule for 2016. Route 118 repaving is scheduled for Canaan, Dorchester, Groton, Rumney, and Woodstock. Search for Pavingg ID # 16201, 16221, and 16106.

Interesting...  Thanks.  ID# 16106 is the section I'm talking about.  Looks like it's scheduled for "maintenance" paving, which is a bummer, but better than nothing I guess.

On August 12, 2016 at 10:53 AM, Yamiblue said:

Let me know if you want to hook up for a sunday ride sometime Mike

Will do Scott.  Thanks...

On August 10, 2016 at 8:09 PM, ckf said:

Rte. 113A from North Sandwich to Tamworth Village is another fun road on a bike :good:

Agree.  I rode both 113 and 113A.  Good stuff...

I was scouting the area on 8/14 for a group ride the following weekend and the Lincoln side was indeed terrible.  However, when we zipped past 118 heading west on 112 on 8/21 it appeared to be freshly repaved!  :yahoo: 

Edited by rossi46

Thank you to rossi46 and WTG913 for that updated information!  I'm off again tomorrow, so I'm gonna try and get up that way.  :hi: