Sign in to follow this  
rivercat

Another idea!!!!!!!! For money of course!

What about NH offer a special license plate for people who enjoy NH's Trail System,,,,,,  on the idea of the Moose Plate,,,,,, with proceeds of the new plate going to the Trails Bureau,,,,,,,    

Thoughts? 

Do you think there's enough support for a "NH Trails" licence plate? The NH Moose plate program sells about 45,000 plates per year at a $30 premium, or about $1.35 million for conservation. Is the number of resident sled and ATV operators great enough to generate significant funds?

Are you thinking a plate for the sled?   I wouldn't want to hang anything else on it.

Dave that's a really good idea, I would actually pry my wallet open and get one for the truck and the car. It may not bring in a lot of $ annually but it would be a start. I'm not sure how the $ would be kept out of the general fund but its worth a look. Ask the BOT how they get the $ from the parks plates.

24 minutes ago, RK-SXViper said:

Dave that's a really good idea, I would actually pry my wallet open and get one for the truck and the car. It may not bring in a lot of $ annually but it would be a start. I'm not sure how the $ would be kept out of the general fund but its worth a look. Ask the BOT how they get the $ from the parks plates.

Are you talking about the $85 State Parks plates that provide "free" admission to state parks? $5 goes to Department of Safety and $80 goes to DRED's State Park Fund to fund operations of the parks. Only about 1200 of these plates are sold each year, and they really function as a season's pass to the NH park system. 

Keeping dedicated funds out of the legislature's hands is risky business, but the goal is to keep the money moving, don't let it accumulate.

1 hour ago, ultrarider said:

Are you thinking a plate for the sled?   I wouldn't want to hang anything else on it.

I believe they are talking vehicle (not snowmobile) plates.

Yes that would be cool a NH Snowmobile Trails licesne plate for your vehicles money goes directly to the trails fund count me in!!

I "feel" a,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,   "I support NH Trails"  on a license plate (auto)

would be a cool Idea as to encompass all user groups

with funds dedicated directly to the NH BOT!!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, rivercat said:

I "feel" a,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,   "I support NH Trails"  on a license plate (auto)

would be a cool Idea as to encompass all user groups

with funds dedicated directly to the NH BOT!!!!!!!!!

as long as there is a snowmobile on the plate ;)

Maine is doing a pre-order of 2000 plates in order to see if it's feasible.  I'm not sure if it passed but it's a great idea. 

cascade-logo.jpg

I would pay extra for that.

NH Parks is not going to allow a Bureau of its division to compete with the division.

I was there during the committee hearings on the State Park plate, as an offer was made to have an ATV on the plate because of Jericho.

I am not sure you would get as many duped people that did not realize what the plate actually pays for as the conservation plate does. I applaud the person who put a moose on the plate, excellent bait and switch tactics. 

The state park plate is a really good deal for those that can go during the week.

52 minutes ago, dubba said:

I am not sure you would get as many duped people that did not realize what the plate actually pays for as the conservation plate does. I applaud the person who put a moose on the plate, excellent bait and switch tactics. 

The state park plate is a really good deal for those that can go during the week.

Let's just say that the moose has covered a lot of ground by the time he visits all the grant recipients. From a Coos County farm's manure tank upgrade to replacing a stained glass window in the Derry public library is a long hike.

Moose.PNG

Edited by jhwentworth

A great idea for a plate and it will also build awareness for the sport as we drive around the state all year. Unfortunately the state controls the plates. So the BOT will get a buck or two but the lions share will go elsewhere. Keep in mind there are things these other "Recipient Agencies" do and support that are directly against our use of nature.

A real kick in the b***s to find out YOUR funding contributions made the park that closed the trail. Just something to think about.

Just buy a State Parks plate. The BoT Chief reports to the Director of Parks; and currently has the trail supervisors working on Parks' projects to cover their payroll.