Sign in to follow this  
MTNBYKR

Andover vintage show - 2/20/16

The Andover Snowmobile Club will be hosting our 13th Annual Highland Lake SnoFest on Saturday February 20, 2016 at the East Andover Fish and Game Clubhouse located next to Rt. 11 in East Andover N.H. People's Choice trophies for Favorite Antique, Favorite Vintage,and Favorite Unique snowmobile. Dash Plaques will be presented to the first 25 registrations. Trail Permit to allow riding on the Railbed and Highland Lake. Hot food and drink will be available in the warm clubhouse. Hope to see you there!

IMG_1057.jpeg

IMG_1050.jpeg

groomers.jpg

This event is this coming Saturday!

I hope to be able to be there,,,,,,, what are the hours?????  and are you folks doing lunch? or breakfast and lunch,,,, I cant starve you know!!! :lol:

Edited by rivercat

The hours are 9 to 2.  Sorry for not including that in my original post.

We will have lots of food.  There will be crock-pots inside the clubhouse with things like chili, chop suey, cheeseburger stew, meatballs, etc.  We also grill hamburgers and hot dogs outside.  And of course there will be lots of deserts! (I know you like those, Dave)

There won't really be any "breakfast" specific items, but there will be coffee, and the deserts always make for a good breakfast!  Then again I usually have a cheeseburger in my hand by 10am anyway...  Lol

Hope to see you there!

Edited by MTNBYKR

7 minutes ago, MTNBYKR said:

The hours are 9 to 2.  Sorry for not including that in my original post.

We will have lots of food.  There will be crock-pots inside the clubhouse with things like chili, chop suey, cheeseburger stew, meatballs, etc.  We also grill hamburgers and hot dogs outside.  And of course there will be lots of deserts! (I know you like those, Dave)

There won't really be any "breakfast" specific items, but there will be coffee, and the deserts always make for a good breakfast!  Then again I usually have a cheeseburger in my hand by 10am anyway...  Lol

Hope to see you there!

Dang it,,, Leon's Cheeseburger Stew is a WICKED favorite of mine!!!!!  and the deserts are a given! 

I hate working on Saturdays, I miss all the cool vintage shows :(  Hope it goes well Mike and your sleds place high!

Edited by snorander

Is there any snow in the area?  Any chance of riding?  I hate pulling out the old iron without putting a mile or two on them.

10 hours ago, rivercat said:

Dang it,,, Leon's Cheeseburger Stew is a WICKED favorite of mine!!!!!  and the deserts are a given! 

Yeah, his cheeseburger stew is amazing. He gave me the recipe last year.  You would be amazed at how much cheese goes in that.  Can't wait to eat some...

8 hours ago, snorander said:

I hate working on Saturdays, I miss all the cool vintage shows :(  Hope it goes well Mike and your sleds place high!

Thanks Steve!  Sorry you can't make it.

6 hours ago, Premixer said:

Is there any snow in the area?  Any chance of riding?  I hate pulling out the old iron without putting a mile or two on them.

We have about 2" of frozen "concrete" snow.  The railbed has "ride-able" snow on the sides, but the center where people had already ridden turned to ice after the rain (the rails on the railbed have been removed) .  I'm not sure about Highland Lake.  The weather folks are calling for an inch or two of snow Friday night, so that would be nice.  We have a permit for a section of the railbed and for Highland Lake, so antiques don't need to be registered.  Not sure what kind of sled(s) you have, but if you have bogie wheels you'll definitely be all set.

Here's how I'm gonna play it:  If we get an inch or two of fresh snow Friday night, I'll ride my TNT with sliders around.  If we don't get any fresh snow, I'll ride my Olympique with bogies around on the "concrete".  Hope to see you there...

I will bring my survivors, 71 Northway, 73 Elan, and hopefully a 78 Olympique that I am currently resurecting.  I have been deployed and unable to ride since January last year, hopefully I can get a mile or two on the machines.  The Oly is a slider, hopefully some fresh snow falls so I can give it a test ride to justify 80 man hours of rehabilitation. See you all Saturday!!

Edited by Premixer

Great!  Looking forward to seeing you there.  And looking forward to seeing your Elan too...  An Elan is next on my list of sleds to get.  That was my first sled as a kid.

I'll have my '72 TNT and '72 Olympique tomorrow - both of which are survivors as well.

-Mike

PS-  Thank you for your service!

Carb issues on the Northway and the Oly,  Elan is running great.  I will see what I can fix tonight, I would like to ride out with more than just one sled.

Sorry to hear that.  I just finished loading my sleds.  Fouled a plug on my TNT and my trailer was frozen to the ground.  Took me over an hour.  Sometimes I wonder why I do this hobby, but then I calm down and feel better.  Lol

Hope you get the carb issues figured out.

Anyone here planning on going to the Vermont Vintage Rendezvous?  Hopefully I will have all three sleds there.  Just the Elan for tomorrow, maybe I will get my Z570 out of the trailer if conditions get good.  I will be praying for snow.

Not sure if I'm going to Vermont.  I have it on my calendar, and was planning on it, but we'll see.  I went last year and had a great time, but there was lots of snow to play in last year.  I spent quite a bit of time carving powder turns out in the field with my Olympique.  So much fun...

We have just under 2" of fresh snow on the ground here in Franklin this morning, and it's snowing right now so hopefully we'll hit the 2" mark.  Should be about the same in Andover.  Never thought I'd be excited about 2" of snow, but I guess that's what kind of year it's been.

Thank you to everyone who came to our vintage show today, and thank you to all of the volunteers that made it happen.  We had a record turnout with 46 sleds registered for the event, and a handful more that weren't registered.  We had just enough snow to get a little riding in during the first half of the day, but the warms temps and bright sun did a number on conditions in the afternoon.  Overall it was a great day, with lots of old friends, and some new ones.

There are some pictures posted on our FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/Andover-Snowmobile-Club-1255150071167267/

-M

6 minutes ago, AdrenalineJunky said:

A couple of my oldies.  the jag has reverse and al rubber track. the pantera is a luxury blast. 

023.jpg

Nice!

On February 23, 2016 at 11:45 AM, AdrenalineJunky said:

A couple of my oldies.  the jag has reverse and al rubber track. the pantera is a luxury blast. 

023.jpg

Very nice!