rivercat

Club Membership Explained BY NH F&G and printed in the Sno Traveler,,,

Hopefully This will clear the "confusion"

Informational Notice to Snowmobile Registration Applicants

Prepared by Captain John B. Wimsatt

The purpose of this notice is to provide clarification and background information regarding the recent transition from a paper-based membership process to an electronic club membership system being implemented by the New Hampshire Snowmobile Association (NHSA).

Recently, numerous postings to snowmobile social media sites have referenced lengthy discussions about the new club membership process. Much of this information has been inaccurate and misleading. Effective communication is key to achieving desired outcomes and goals. To that end, here is an explanation of where we at NHFG are at with regard to the transition to the electronic NHSA club membership program.

During the fall of 2012, the NHFG Registration Program was audited by the Legislative Budget Assistant (LBA). In the results summary, the findings recommended improving our ability to monitor membership registrations and registration certificates. In short, the current process of verifying and documenting proof of a paid club membership is deficient. Numerous, irreconcilable membership numbering systems were then, and still are, collected and recorded on our registration forms. This presents a problem that not only impacts my Department, but also the NHSA, DRED BOT, the clubs and the riders themselves.

To address the problem, I began by communicating the issue to NHSA on several occasions at monthly NHSA Board meetings after the audit. We then began discussions to develop possible solutions. It became readily apparent that the best option was for NHSA to develop an electronic on-line membership program. The key feature to the system would be to provide one verifiable, auditable and unique numbering system to ensure proper control measures and ensure accurate reconciliation. Currently, the NHFG registration system accepts more than one numbering system to include an NHSA ID card number, a club number, and an NHSA voucher number. The reason we currently accept all of these formats is derived from the existing statutes and associated administrative rule. The applicable laws and rules are as follows: (I selected a resident club member registration as an example. Keep in mind these fees do not reflect the $3 Agent fee, $2 Transaction fee and $1 Search and Rescue fee)

215-C:39 Registration Fees. – The fees to be collected under this chapter are as follows: I. Individual resident registration--$90 for each snowmobile registration upon presentation of a valid driver's license issued to a New Hampshire resident 18 years of age or older. An individual resident registering a snowmobile who provides proof, at the time of registration, that the individual is a member of an organized New Hampshire nonprofit snowmobile club which is a member of the New Hampshire Snowmobile Association shall pay $60 for each snowmobile.

215-C:52 General Administration. –

I. Except as provided in RSA 215-C:9 and RSA 215-C:10, the executive director is authorized to adopt and amend, pursuant to RSA 541-A, such rules and administrative procedures which are consistent with the provisions of this chapter relative to snowmobiles that he or she deems necessary or advisable to carry out the intent and purposes of said provisions with regard to:

o (a) Equipment requirements; o (B) Registrations; o © Classification;

o (d) The safety of operators, passengers, and other persons; and (e) The protection of property.

Fis 1503.02 OHRV and Snowmobile Registrations.

(a) Applicants for OHRV or snowmobile registrations as defined in RSA 215-A:1 and RSA 215-C:1, shall provide to the agent on a form provided by the department the following:

(g) For the purposes of proving club membership, applicants shall show a membership card or a paid membership application for the current registration year in a non-profit snowmobile club as specified in RSA 215-C:39, I and III.

These laws and rules provide the basis for how we currently go about collecting proof of a paid club membership. As stated above, and as reflected by the audit, my Department needs to improve on this system and eliminate the multiple and varied numbering systems for providing proof of a paid club membership in order to ensure verifiable and auditable data collected by our electronic system.

What this all means to the clubs and individual snowmobilers is that for this 2015/2016 season, the process you have previously used to show proof of a paid membership to a club that is a member of NHSA remains unchanged, except that NHSA is no longer issuing a NHSA ID# card. For those clubs that relied on the NHSA ID# and card, we are not asking you to develop new numbering systems or cards, etc. as incorrectly reflected in the online posts. Use the NHSA Voucher or contact NHSA to discuss your options for this season.

What has changed is that NHSA has developed an on-line membership process that generates a 12 digit voucher number. This number will be accepted as proof of paid membership. You do have the choice to use the approved methods used in the past for this season. However, moving forward and in an effort to meet our goal of improving the efficiency and accountability of this verification process, we encourage clubs and individual snowmobilers to work together to adopt this new membership process developed by NHSA. I recognize there has been and will be some growing pains that come with change, but I am confident that this new system will be a vast improvement over the antiquated, time consuming and cumbersome paper system that causes many inconveniences for the customer and registration agent.

Once we receive word from NHSA that their membership voucher system has been fully adopted and vetted, we will review the existing rules currently in place. Under the authority granted in RSA 215-C:52 we will determine if any changes or updates need to be adopted so that we can continue to properly and responsibly administer our registration program compliant with current state accounting and control measures. This rules process ensures open and full opportunity for the public to attend hearings and offer input.

Thank you to all those that have expressed an interest in this initiative and offered input towards the process. I am grateful for the efforts put forward by NHSA through President Roger Wright, the Board of Directors, and Executive Director Gail Hanson. Let us all remember that the end goal is about promoting the great sport of snowmobiling and to encourage growth and participation by current and future riders, clubs and families.

Finally, 7 threads of confusion get answered in one post. Thanks rivercat.

Your welcome,,,, I KNOW that everyone was "waiting" for a statement in the Sno-Traveler,, as I watched the process "unfold" in the last months,,, the "delays" in forthcoming information have not been due to any "ONE" cause,,, It has been a process that has required a huge amount of time and effort by many people.

I truly believe that the "sooner" clubs decide to comply with the new system, the sooner FURTHER "other" benefits will be realized from the new process,,

It's easy for some to condemn the NHSA's efforts in this process , but the new required change's are not ONLY an NHSA initiated " program/process"

The online process will eventually be a very simple, effective, accurate, method of joining your club and registering your sled(s)

The STATEWIDE manual entry of 25,000 memberships with address info will soon be a thing of the past!! Membership chairs will still be a valuable part of each club, but their general duties will change ,

Edited by rivercat

Some of that could have been fixed.

There is no reason to suppose that when I go to a retail site and buy several items that they should all be $35.

And no reason to believe that the NHSA could not have allowed each club to charge what it wants for a membership and just divide the $10 Association fee between all the clubs that I choose to join.

But its a mindset. I've always believed that as much money as possible should go into the trails, and that Associations are there to make it easier on the clubs.

You are absolutely correct John.

There are two separate issues at play here. Fish & Game's desire to bring forward a much needed on line registration program, as explained by Wimsatt. The second issue is how the NHSA surreptitiously used this initiative to guarantee them a significant increase in income, without properly vetting their idea with the membership, that is the cause for concern to some of us out here in the sledding community.

The fact that County Directors are oblivious and/or ignorant of what the Executive Board has wrought is disturbing but not to be unexpected. The more things change in Tilton, the more they remain the same.

As this process continues to change and folks realize what really was done behind the scenes, the NHSA will once again be embroiled in unnecessary scandal as with the "mandatory" (insurance) membership scam and the scandals surrounding Grass Drag monies and leadership.

I've said it before, and will reiterate it again. When a non profit agency does not have to go out and work everyday to maintain and grow its membership, it becomes isolated from those same people it intends to represent.

It's a shame to see the hard work of past presidents Terry Callum and Russ Davis, who worked tirelessly to open the NHSA up to its members and bring some light of day into the room, being completely erased these past several years.

Some of that could have been fixed.

There is no reason to suppose that when I go to a retail site and buy several items that they should all be $35.

And no reason to believe that the NHSA could not have allowed each club to charge what it wants for a membership and just divide the $10 Association fee between all the clubs that I choose to join.

But its a mindset. I've always believed that as much money as possible should go into the trails, and that Associations are there to make it easier on the clubs.

John Not sure "what you need fixed"

The last time I looked at the WD-40 or Chicken Noodle soup at my two favorite stores all ITEM's were priced the same (PER ITEM)

Two points I observed as a "Non -Director",,,,,,,,,,, One point for NOT having each club price as they wish was that with the age of social media what was to prevent a club form announcing that as an online club they would do memberships at $15 EACH electronically undercutting clubs throughout the ENTIRE State?

The second point I observed as a NON-director was that if the fee was set at $25 or $30 this would have represented a club FEE CUT for some of the States larger membered clubs. A $5 drop was going to cost one club over $20,000 ,,,,,,,,,

I am not sure if I totally agree with this statement but , "it was also felt that if it was easy to scroll down the list of clubs online ,,,,choosing the "cheeper" clubs,,,, that the higher price ones would be at a disadvantage,"

as "cheep" as a few people have appeared on the threads ,,,, maybe thats a fair statement,,,,,

The process of arriving at where we currently are,, has been with much work, many votes, after much discussion and considerable thought,,,,

The fact we are online is GOOD

The fact that it will be less hassle to join is GOOD

The fact NH F&G will have an audit process GOOD

The fact that the new system will allow up to the minute numbers for the NH BOT is GOOD

The fact that club volunteers job has been made easier is GOOD

The fact that multiple family members will not slide thru on one membership is GOOD

The fact that the new system has an excellent ACCURATE accounting capability is GOOD

The fact that once this system is 100% up with both the membership and registration systems it will be VER VERY GOOD for all "customers" both in and out of State!

THE ONE PIECE THAT LEAVE ME WONDERING IS THIS,,,,,,,,,,,,,

If I pay the club or clubs that i join and EXTRA $5-$10-$20 (to the CLUB) that STAYS in the club,,,, that buys fuel for the groomer or helps with REPAIRS or even with the bit that funds the purchase of a New Groomer for that Club(s), for a sport I have been passionate about since I was 10 years old,,,,,,, (48 years now) then,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, HOW IS THAT NOT GOOD??

I will stick with "we are arguing over a couple burgers and a cup of coffee"

There are two separate issues at play here. Fish & Game's desire to bring forward a much needed on line registration program, as explained by Wimsatt. The second issue is how the NHSA surreptitiously used this initiative to guarantee them a significant increase in income, without properly vetting their idea with the membership, that is the cause for concern to some of us out here in the sledding community.

The fact that County Directors are oblivious and/or ignorant of what the Executive Board has wrought is disturbing but not to be unexpected. The more things change in Tilton, the more they remain the same.

As this process continues to change and folks realize what really was done behind the scenes, the NHSA will once again be embroiled in unnecessary scandal as with the "mandatory" (insurance) membership scam and the scandals surrounding Grass Drag monies and leadership.

I've said it before, and will reiterate it again. When a non profit agency does not have to go out and work everyday to maintain and grow its membership, it becomes isolated from those same people it intends to represent.

It's a shame to see the hard work of past presidents Terry Callum and Russ Davis, who worked tirelessly to open the NHSA up to its members and bring some light of day into the room, being completely erased these past several years.

We need a LIKE button here :good:

"The fact that it will be less hassle to join is GOOD"

It was never a hassle for me to join a club, just fill out the form and send it back with a check.

Just curious, I noticed that on my clubs membership form they want to know how many snowmobiles I own, is that the same with all clubs now & what is the reason for this? Am I only allowed to register one snowmobile per membership? What happens when I pick up another sled after I have already sent in my membership application, do I have to notify the NHSA That I now own another snowmobile?

Edited by snorander

"The fact that it will be less hassle to join is GOOD"

It was never a hassle for me to join a club, just fill out the form and send it back with a check.

Just curious, I noticed that on my clubs membership form they want to know how many snowmobiles I own, is that the same with all clubs now & what is the reason for this? Am I only allowed to register one snowmobile per membership? What happens when I pick up another sled after I have already sent in my membership application, do I have to notify the NHSA That I kow own another snowmobile?

That is a field in the online form, but there is NO limit to the number of sleds you can own or register. If you buy another sled no one needs to be notified except F&G when you register it.

If it doesn't matter they why are they asking? And this one is just me being a dink, but why do I need to fill out county of residence? Who the hell made this software? Since they already have my address from the membership form, that field should be auto-populated when the data is enterned.

Edited by snorander

If it doesn't matter they why are they asking? And this one is just me being a dink, but why do I need to fill out county of residence? Who the hell made this software? Since they already have my address from the membership form, that field should be auto-populated when the data is enterned.

I totally hear ya makes no sense and the # of sleds is a double edged sword. Here's what I'm waiting to hear:

See a lot of people only have one sled and they don't have a problem with $35 membership for just that one sled

or

See all these people joined with multiple sleds so $35 membership is actually a good deal.

No matter what you put the data will get turned into an agenda somewhere!

There's a lot to discuss, and as I dig deeper into this issue I'll lay out pertinent concerns.

One of the things this program does, is allow the controversial "mandatory membership" issue to rear its ugly head again. Why is this important? Previously we've been told that for a club to partake of NHSA's pooled insurance policy, all members of the club must be members of the NHSA. Of course we all know of the famous lack of response to the question asked by many over the years...show us that clause in writing.

Now comes one of the many clever workarounds with the new on line policy. In order to participate ALL members of your club must be members of the NHSA. So, if you are a Club that has chosen not to get your insurance through the NHSA, or are a Club always looking to see if you could get insurance on your own, that now becomes a mute point.

Additionally many are overlooking another important requirement. Once your Club is enrolled in this program, when a member joins on line funds will be immediately delivered to the NHSA's bank. You will wait up until a month before the NHSA is required to reimburse you for the previous month's enrollees. Quite frankly, Clubs have many urgent bills to pay during the season, including fuel and repairs. Right after a major storm, especially deep into the season, many will join immediately and put tremendous short term pressure on trails. But you will be waiting weeks for your money, while in many cases shelling out for fuel and repairs in real time. How many clubs have cash reserves on hand to carry them through those weeks while waiting for membership money? So the NHSA has turned the tables financially on the Clubs. They always get their money immediately up front. Instead of the NHSA serving you. Financially you are now serving the NHSA. Honestly, how many Clubs, especially in these past tough years, have delayed paying the NHSA in order to keep your trails and Club afloat in the short time? That option to s no longer on the table.

More to come.....

John Not sure "what you need fixed"

The last time I looked at the WD-40 or Chicken Noodle soup at my two favorite stores all ITEM's were priced the same (PER ITEM)

Two points I observed as a "Non -Director",,,,,,,,,,, One point for NOT having each club price as they wish was that with the age of social media what was to prevent a club form announcing that as an online club they would do memberships at $15 EACH electronically undercutting clubs throughout the ENTIRE State?

The second point I observed as a NON-director was that if the fee was set at $25 or $30 this would have represented a club FEE CUT for some of the States larger membered clubs. A $5 drop was going to cost one club over $20,000 ,,,,,,,,,

I am not sure if I totally agree with this statement but , "it was also felt that if it was easy to scroll down the list of clubs online ,,,,choosing the "cheeper" clubs,,,, that the higher price ones would be at a disadvantage,"

as "cheep" as a few people have appeared on the threads ,,,, maybe thats a fair statement,,,,,

The process of arriving at where we currently are,, has been with much work, many votes, after much discussion and considerable thought,,,,

The fact we are online is GOOD

The fact that it will be less hassle to join is GOOD

The fact NH F&G will have an audit process GOOD

The fact that the new system will allow up to the minute numbers for the NH BOT is GOOD

The fact that club volunteers job has been made easier is GOOD

The fact that multiple family members will not slide thru on one membership is GOOD

The fact that the new system has an excellent ACCURATE accounting capability is GOOD

The fact that once this system is 100% up with both the membership and registration systems it will be VER VERY GOOD for all "customers" both in and out of State!

THE ONE PIECE THAT LEAVE ME WONDERING IS THIS,,,,,,,,,,,,,

If I pay the club or clubs that i join and EXTRA $5-$10-$20 (to the CLUB) that STAYS in the club,,,, that buys fuel for the groomer or helps with REPAIRS or even with the bit that funds the purchase of a New Groomer for that Club(s), for a sport I have been passionate about since I was 10 years old,,,,,,, (48 years now) then,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, HOW IS THAT NOT GOOD??

I will stick with "we are arguing over a couple burgers and a cup of coffee"

So the WD-40 and the Chicken Noodle soup, along with every other item in the store is the same price?

What about if you have two brands of Chicken Noodle soup? Do those have to be the same price?

The software could have allowed for each club to set its membership price... there would be no "cuts" because each club would be setting its own price. What price the individual clubs set makes no difference to the Association, as it still gets $10.

This is one of the issues that seems to be the most posted about in opposition.

".. looked at the WD-40 or Chicken Noodle soup at my two favorite stores all ITEM's were priced the same (PER ITEM)..."

So we are being lead to believe by the Merrimack County Director that this entire scheme is based on the perceived price of WD-40 and Chicken Noodle Soup? My God, no wonder they've kept us all in the dark!

".. looked at the WD-40 or Chicken Noodle soup at my two favorite stores all ITEM's were priced the same (PER ITEM)..."

So we are being lead to believe by the Merrimack County Director that this entire scheme is based on the perceived price of WD-40 and Chicken Noodle Soup? My God, no wonder they've kept us all in the dark!

Sorry "kids" i was only sworn in in JUly ,,,The NHSA Board of directors in the process of volunteering countless hours annually did not consider the price of chicken noodle soup or WD 40 ,,,, thought I'd use the chicken noodle soup and WD-40 as I thought you "might" have heard of those items,,,,

is "Preparation H" more your liking ? carefull as its know to reduce "inflammation",

John, I know that the CURRENT largest membered club in one Southern County, happens to be a $15 club,,,,, grooms with a Scandic,, and has less than 5 active members,,, doing all the work,,,

The pricing and the concept of varied club costs were closely examined in NY there is just a few dollar difference in all the NY clubs,,,,

something as "cheep" as $35 ,,,,,,, exactly how MUCH wiggle room is there????

The bottom line is EACH County director voted,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, as with ANY vote the majority vote must rule, and the 'side" that did not have their preferred outcome are SUPPOSED to be adults and "try" to understand that due process was followed,,,,, I did sit in the back of the room during the voting process,,,,,,, it was a "FAIR VOTE" ,,,,,,,, what more can be asked for? a recount???

".., as with ANY vote the majority vote must rule, and the 'side" that did not have their preferred outcome are SUPPOSED to be adults and "try" to understand that due process was followed,,"

Aren't you the one that contacted the Attorney General's office a few years back when you didn't like the vote of the majority rule?

This letter is nothing new. It was posted on Sept. 8th by Larry Gomes. It really does nothing to clear up questions other than explain how the law (RSA), Audit, and process works on the F&G side of things.

post-127-0-93574100-1443783248.jpg

How about we use a product that is well recognized in the Tilton area.

Sorry "kids" i was only sworn in in JUly ,,,The NHSA Board of directors in the process of volunteering countless hours annually did not consider the price of chicken noodle soup or WD 40 ,,,, thought I'd use the chicken noodle soup and WD-40 as I thought you "might" have heard of those items,,,,

is "Preparation H" more your liking ? carefull as its know to reduce "inflammation",

John, I know that the CURRENT largest membered club in one Southern County, happens to be a $15 club,,,,, grooms with a Scandic,, and has less than 5 active members,,, doing all the work,,,

The pricing and the concept of varied club costs were closely examined in NY there is just a few dollar difference in all the NY clubs,,,,

The bottom line is EACH County director voted,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, as with ANY vote the majority vote must rule, and the 'side" that did not have their preferred outcome are SUPPOSED to be adults and "try" to understand that due process was followed,,,,, I did sit in the back of the room during the voting process,,,,,,, it was a "FAIR VOTE" ,,,,,,,, what more can be asked for? a recount???

John, I know that the, happen CURRENT largest membered club in one Southern Countys to be a $15 club,,,,, grooms with a Scandic,, and has less than 5 active members,,, doing all the work,,,

The problem lies in that each club is a NON Profit Corporation. It's dues can only be set by a vote of it's members and not by anyone else. Some would consider what is happening to be price fixing or collusion. If you read NHSA bylaws it is very explicit on membership and dues. Be aware you are now complicit in violating the rights of the members in your county who are voting members of the NHSA. They are also the people who voted you into office. Just remember your D&O insurance does not cover you for any illegal actions. As a volunteer, that is normally protected by RSA's, your actions if deemed illegal offer you no protection either.

I will assume the "CURRENT largest membered club in one Southern Countys to be a $15 club,,,,, grooms with a Scandic,, and has less than 5 active members,,, doing all the work,,," is one of the clubs you represent, correct? Isn't that kind of throwing them under the bus? Have you gone to any of their meetings to see how they operate? If they live within their means and have the ability to operate and survive, who are you to say their business model is wrong or doesn't work? It is Capitalism at work. As far as amount of members doing all of the work. There are clubs with hundreds of members, that have clubhouses and multiple Tucker sized groomers who only have the same ten people doing everything. Does alienating a club that is surviving, the way THEY want to, really the right thing to be doing?

A quick view of what has happened with all the GIVE AND TAKE on CLUB MEMBERSHIP CARDS and DEALER APPLICATION SALES. (this was sent out as part of our first Trail Work notice 01-03-15)

2015-2016 Membership Applications

As you may have heard NHSA is going to an Online Member Membership Program as of January 1st 2016. It will not be the only way to join Our Club.

NHSA has made an effort to have Clubs refrain form using the AGENT/CLUB Membership Sales program this year. By not having sent out the traditional NHSA MEMBERSHIP CARDS with an ID Number that the Agents would use as the proof of membership of the Club when processing your Snowmobile Registration it was intimated you could not register a Sled with out the New

As it turns out ONLY FISH and GAME are the only ones that SAY HOW this process can be used. After a lot of input by many People it came down to using the CLUB NHSA ID NUMBER. Our number happens to be 102. F&G requires a 6 digit number. IF you go to one of our Agents to Join the Club and Register your Sled you will now see our own Moultonboro Snowmobile Club Membership Card. On the label attached to the card you will see the

Agent/Club ID No. 000102. This will be the number the Agent registers your sled by.

We and all Clubs have to work with Fish and Game to preserve the process of Agent/Club Applications. F&G will be evaluating this over the winter to see how it may be used next Season. Close to one third of our memberships came from this process.

Agent/Club Card (ID No. NHSA Club # 102)

post-12-0-26962200-1443791807_thumb.jpg

MSC Membership Card with NHSA 12 Digit Voucher Number

post-12-0-45549400-1443791739.jpg

Yr – Club No. – Voucher No.

NHSA 12 Digit Voucher Number 16- 102- 000122

Two new mandatory items NHSA need on our application and in their database:

DOB: Date of Birth and Email Address. When I process your data into the NHSA Database and this information is not on the application I can not process your data.

I will have more detail in the Application Mail out.

George

The problem lies in that each club is a NON Profit Corporation. It's dues can only be set by a vote of it's members and not by anyone else. Some would consider what is happening to be price fixing or collusion. If you read NHSA bylaws it is very explicit on membership and dues. Be aware you are now complicit in violating the rights of the members in your county who are voting members of the NHSA. They are also the people who voted you into office. Just remember your D&O insurance does not cover you for any illegal actions. As a volunteer, that is normally protected by RSA's, your actions if deemed illegal offer you no protection either.

I will assume the "CURRENT largest membered club in one Southern Countys to be a $15 club,,,,, grooms with a Scandic,, and has less than 5 active members,,, doing all the work,,," is one of the clubs you represent, correct? Isn't that kind of throwing them under the bus? Have you gone to any of their meetings to see how they operate? If they live within their means and have the ability to operate and survive, who are you to say their business model is wrong or doesn't work? It is Capitalism at work. As far as amount of members doing all of the work. There are clubs with hundreds of members, that have clubhouses and multiple Tucker sized groomers who only have the same ten people doing everything. Does alienating a club that is surviving, the way THEY want to, really the right thing to be doing?

Frankly jeff I am referring to MORE than ONE CLUB, and not in any specific County,, NO ONE WAS THROWN under "any bus"!!!!!!

Using "your business model Jeff , why doesn't a club just charge $11 for a membership. send in the $10 to NHSA, pocket the $1 and have all 24,000 club members to themselves,??? sounds like "ideal" Capitalism at its BEST! an easy $24,000 fundraiser!!

Edited by rivercat

If there was a $15 club, they were not complying with the Nhsa's bylaws that the minimum membership charge is $20. Yes. That is in the Nhsa bylaws. Why didn't the Nhsa just amend this bylaw to $35? This would stop all the bickering about the membership cost in one slash of the pen.

If there was a $15 club, they were not complying with the Nhsa's bylaws that the minimum membership charge is $20. Yes. That is in the Nhsa bylaws. Why didn't the Nhsa just amend this bylaw to $35? This would stop all the bickering about the membership cost in one slash of the pen.

That is incorrect regarding the minimum dues being in the NHSA bylaws. The NHSA only has the power to set the Dues price for the members to join the NHSA. Currently it is $10.00 for anyone to join the Association. They also set the Club Affiliation fee as well. The Board must notify membership as shown below when a dues change is going to be addressed at the Annual Meeting. None of these items address what a club charges it's members to join their respective clubs. It only addresses NHSA dues.

What a club charges is not in the NHSA 2015 bylaws. The Board had adopted a rules of business change years back relating to a suggested minimum charge for membership going forward with any NEW club joining the Association. That amount was set at $20.00. As there have been only a couple of new clubs that have joined the Association in the last 8-10 years it really doesn't apply to many clubs. If it were in the bylaws it would be considered price fixing.

Hope this helps clarify some things.

A. All dues for membership will be payable on or before July 1 annually. Said dues

when paid will constitute a member in good standing providing such member has

not voluntarily withdrawn from membership, nor has been expelled or suspended

after appropriate proceedings consistent with the lawful provisions of the

constitution and bylaws.

D. The board of Directors may propose a revision of the dues schedule to be acted on

by the membership at any annual meeting. Notice of such revision to be given at

least thirty (30) days prior to the annual meeting. Such revision shall take effect

the following July 1st.