Sign in to follow this  
ckf

NEK Vermont ride 2/17/15

I got out on Tuesday afternoon for another ride over here in the Northeast Kingdom of Vt. I thought I would run across a little traffic since it is vacation week, but I only meet 6 sleds in my 50 mile loop. The trails were awesome! I posted a few pics on SledVT if anyone wants to take a look. Next week I hope to make a loop from Island Pond, VT to North Stratford, NH to Pittsburg and back. I would love to see some comments over on SledVT if any of you are a member over there. If not feel free to sign up. I feel like I'm talking to myself most of the time over there, lol. http://sledvt.com/forums/index.php?/topic/407-nek-trail-report-21715/

Here's a short video from the ride.

http://youtu.be/QHNwVgUtjN4

Sweet riding! Nice signage at the end also.

That's pretty much how all of the trails around here are marked. The nice thing is each intersection has an intersection number that can be found on the state wide trail map. Really hard to not know where you are as long as you have the map with you.

Sometimes it is difficult to ride in this state if you are in a new area or doing a trip through several club areas. The state map is not very useful only that it gives you a route with major trails only. If you ride in an area you may need 6 different trail maps from different clubs unless you really are familiar with the area trail system.