Sign in to follow this  
PolarisCobra

Cannon Mtn

Going up to the Whitefield area next weekend. Think we will ride corridor 11 through Franconia Notch down to Lincoln. Going to be looking for food along the way (three couples riding 2-up, food stops are important), and I know there isn't much you cna get to in Lincoln.

Can you ride to the Cannon Ski Lodge, and park close enough to walk in? Think it would make a good place for a bite to eat and a warm bathroom...

Last time I rode through there, maybe 5 or 6 years ago you could ride in to the ski area parking lot. There were also lots of options in Lincoln, too.

Thanks.

As for Lincoln, it looks like you can't get very far at all to the east once you come off 11. The Gas station, and Dunkin Donuts, not sure how much farther east you can get. Maybe it's easier than I remember, has been a few years.

That's why I was wondering about Cannon. Seems like a cool place to check out anyway.

yes you can ride right into the parking lot where the tram is and park your sleds right next to the lodge and grab a bite to eat. I'm sure they would love to sell you a 12 dollar cheeseburger lol

yes you can ride right into the parking lot where the tram is and park your sleds right next to the lodge and grab a bite to eat. I'm sure they would love to sell you a 12 dollar cheeseburger lol

As you cross the Main Street in Lincoln (I Think rte 112) heading north on the trail there is a very good pizza/sub shop right there on the left side of the trail.

As you cross the Main Street in Lincoln (I Think rte 112) heading north on the trail there is a very good pizza/sub shop right there on the left side of the trail.

GTSE800 and I ate there when we did our 350 mile loop in NH several years ago. Very good food!

We usually grab lunch at Indian Head Resort just north of exit 32 off of corridor 11. Great spot to warm up and fill up on eats. Gas station also qtr a mile down the road.

Beware of getting gas in Lincoln. The pricing of gas is approx 40 to 50 cents a gallon higher than other stations/towns. They get the money from the skiers.

Yes, noticed that last Saturday. We rode from the BRV clubhouse to Lincoln, filled up there. Luckily, we only needed 3 - 4 gallons, so it wasn't a big deal.