Sign in to follow this  
ckf

First Ride of the year in NEK of VT

I had a chance to get out for a short 30 mile ride this afternoon in the NEK of Vermont. Trails ranged from fair to excellent depending on the trail. Coverage was fine everywhere, just need more snow to fill in the holes on the woods trails.Hopefully we get more snow soon so I can make my way of to Pittsburg. Here's a couple pics I took when I stopped on Lewis Pond Road.

post-2-0-72298700-1421365193_thumb.jpg

post-2-0-71226400-1421365202_thumb.jpg

post-2-0-17422100-1421365213_thumb.jpg

Headed to Southern VT tomorrow morning. Headed out of the Chester Recreation area enroute tot he Long Trail Brewery for lunch (just 37.5 short miles away)

I took advantage of the nice weather this afternoon and went for a quick ride to check the trails. The weekend storm, despite starting as rain, helped omprove conditions.Lots of low hanging trees and limbs from the heavy snow. Pics and short report posted on SledVT.com

Your latest ride looks great John, awesome conditions up your way. :good:

I was out on the trails here in the NEK of Vermont again yesterday and the trails were in very good shape after the recent snow. Although we don't have as much snow as some of you in central and southern NH have, there is more than enough for the trails around here. Most everything was recently groomed, but soft due to the recent fluffy snow.

Here's a couple pics from yesterday.

post-2-0-85704800-1423177520_thumb.jpg

post-2-0-71078200-1423177510_thumb.jpg

Heading to Derby tomorrow for a few days of fun.

Will be heading over to Island Pond, one of our favorite spots.

I can hardly wait!!!

From what I have seen on their Facebook page, conditions in Derby should be fantastic! I know everything around Island Pond toward Norton and Canaan have been great. Enjoy your trip.