ckf

Weather Net Thread

Up to 19° now after a morning low of -26°. I love winter, but I've had enough of these -20°to -30° morning lows. At least it feels good in the sun even when temps are in the single numbers and teens.

I have to say that it has been a cold winter. Even down here in the 'south', we have had lots of days starting a few degrees below 0, and only one or two days in February that got to 30.

Daylight Savings starts this weekend, so with the extra hour of sunlight every day, it should start to get warmer. :shok: Of course, that will make the snow melt, so be careful what you wish for...

Today's high here in the NEK of VT was 48°. What a beautiful day to be outside!

I have to say that it has been a cold winter. Even down here in the 'south', we have had lots of days starting a few degrees below 0, and only one or two days in February that got to 30.

Daylight Savings starts this weekend, so with the extra hour of sunlight every day, it should start to get warmer. :shok: Of course, that will make the snow melt, so be careful what you wish for...

You pretty sure we get more sunlight with DST?

only a minute a day more but at the warmest part of the day

I think we're gaining about 4 minutes per day (sunrise/sunset), and will gain 22 minutes in a week.

BTW: The Trail Dogs have done great work on their trails this year, as has Fort Mountain.

post-513-0-10146100-1426096005.png

Thank you from the Fort Mountain Trailwinders...we have had a good grooming season and we tried to stay on top of it. Hopefully we have some left...still a lot of snow in the mountains and points north.

Temps are warming fast with the strong March sun. It's already up to 20.8° after a morning low of -9.6°.

post-2-0-70626100-1426861224_thumb.jpg

The recent warm weather has done a number on the snow in northern VT/NH. Five days ago I still had 12" of snow on the snow stake. Here's a image from today showing most of the snow gone here in Island Pond,VT.

post-2-0-61946200-1429120590_thumb.jpg

It's been warm and muggy up here in the NEK of VT for the past few days. Today we got up to 82°, and yesterday was 80° here in Island Pond. How's the weather where you are?

Since my last post temperatures have been up and down. The warmer days were 82° on the 13th and 79° on the 14th. After the cold front came through during the early morning of the 15th it felt more like September than mid July. Morning lows were 42° on the 16th and 41° this morning. High temperatures on the 15th and 16th were 67° and 70°. Today is a little more humid with a high is 74° .

Here's a graph from my weather station showing the temperature here in Island Pond over the past seven days.

post-2-0-42436700-1437167009.jpg

Several severe thunder storms rocked areas of New England yesterday / last night. We had some downpours here in Island Pond with thunder nearby, but nothing compared to what some had to deal with.

Much nicer today with mostly sunny skies and temps in the upper 70's here in the NEK.

Another warm day here in Northeastern VT with a high of 84°. How warm was it where you are today?

94 down here near the seacoast

High of 81.5 here in Pittsburg. WOW! Very Hot. It is the third day this summer we have been over 80.

Third day over 80???

We are on at least day 4 over 90 down here, it was 96 for a while yesterday. And plenty humid... Didn't get under 70 overnight, so it will be right up there again today for sure.

Today's low was 58° and it's currently 81° here in Island Pond, VT.

The daylight hours have gotten noticeably shorter over the past few weeks.

Already up to 84° here in Island Pond after a morning low of 59°. Last summer the warmest it got was 85°. We did see 87° this year back in May. Since there's several more heating hours to go today we may see the warmest temperature in the two summers that I've been here. How's it going where you are?

It finally cooled off when the rain came through. The cold front is still just to our west, but should slowly pass later today. Here's the current conditions from my weather station.

post-2-0-79944200-1440179199_thumb.jpg

Much cooler, drier air arrived overnight here in the NEK. Today's high temperature in Island Pond was 71.4°. Hopefully the cooler air made it to your neighborhood today. Anyone else notice how short the days are getting lately?

post-2-0-90533300-1440628263_thumb.jpg

Finally getting some relief from this September heat! Currently 58° here at 7AM.

Here's a graph of temps here over the past 7 days. Not as warm as some parts of New England, but very warm for here.

post-2-0-73225200-1441882740.jpg