Shifty

any riding anywhere?

This weekend is my usual kick off to the riding season. Nash stream ,SDR or the burg but seems unlikely. bummed, any one hear how twin made out?

if you are right and only open for guided tours best not be using state funded groomers. Reg. paided for them and no privite trails.

open for all or park the groomer. Web site dose make it look that way.

pet peave: if you groom or if you use any GIA must be open to all

I think that just means that Northern Extremes is open for guided tours. Peter is the owner of Northern Extremes and is also the guy that pays the bills for the clubs website.

From the White Mt. Ridge Runners Facebook page (Berlin):

We had two groomers out today. Our groomer operators are reporting fair to good conditions over our entire trail system. You can now ride from Gorham or Randolph up to Millsfield with just a few areas to watch out for.

On Corridor 11, there are still some partially filled water bars. Not a big deal but take it easy so you don't get surprised.

The same is true on Corridor 19 north of Milan Village. Watch for some deep water bars along the power line that are not filled. After you cross over Rt. 110, take a left onto Alt. 19 and ride that north. If you continue north on Cor. 19 there are several partially filled water bars that you can avoid by taking Alt. 19.

When you cross Dummer Pond Road, take a left and follow the edge of the road instead of going down the hill into the swamp. The swamp is still not frozen and you will get a mud bath.

Taking PT109 north is not an option since you run out of snow at South Pond. Other than these issues, you should find some pretty good riding out there.

From the White Mt. Ridge Runners Facebook page (Berlin):

We had two groomers out today. Our groomer operators are reporting fair to good conditions over our entire trail system. You can now ride from Gorham or Randolph up to Millsfield with just a few areas to watch out for.

On Corridor 11, there are still some partially filled water bars. Not a big deal but take it easy so you don't get surprised.

The same is true on Corridor 19 north of Milan Village. Watch for some deep water bars along the power line that are not filled. After you cross over Rt. 110, take a left onto Alt. 19 and ride that north. If you continue north on Cor. 19 there are several partially filled water bars that you can avoid by taking Alt. 19.

When you cross Dummer Pond Road, take a left and follow the edge of the road instead of going down the hill into the swamp. The swamp is still not frozen and you will get a mud bath.

Taking PT109 north is not an option since you run out of snow at South Pond. Other than these issues, you should find some pretty good riding out there.

do you think I could drop at lowes or should I continue on (coming from Littleton) and park in gorham ? Jericho?

I drove rte 3 today from N. Stratford to N Conway. It looked pretty thin in Twin Mountain, but people were riding out of Fabians. I did see a Tucker grooming in Lancaster. The deepest snow was south of Crawford Notch in Bartlett. Bear Notch should be good.

Shifty we are parking at the Pond of Safety parking lot early am and headed up from there.

im in! Edited by nhshiftrider

Great ride today! 100 miles with nhrider and nhsleddin and a few others. Jefferson to Errol and back. Hats off to Berlin, Milan and Errol's clubs for some excellent trails.

Edited by nhshiftrider

We had good times yesterday! Thanks for the invite! Sorry we were a little late meeting up. Some trails fair and some awesome. No fault of the club. They did an excellent job at what they had.

A great time had by all... a great bunch of sledders to ride with !!! NOTE: Keep an eye out for groomers !!!! Vid coming but we had a heck of a surprise 21 minutes into our ride.. Kudo's to the clubs... C'mon snow !!! :drinks:

Great ride, nice meeting some of you for the first time as well. here are some shots i got from the gopro, will try to make a video today.

Was hard finding a picture where the trails looked bad. As good as the trails look, some of them still had very thin base and you could hear/feel the ground below. id say 80% excellent riding tho.

Great ride!

post-232-0-64978900-1420986487_thumb.jpg

post-232-0-83047300-1420986502_thumb.jpg

post-232-0-62259400-1420986511_thumb.jpg

post-232-0-41202500-1420986531_thumb.jpg

post-232-0-46876900-1420986551_thumb.jpg

Link to my you tube channel... vid of the first portion of the ride.. including the groomer !!

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qfYYqbuHIk&feature=youtu.be

Looks like you guys had a good ride! Now on another note I do not understand why clubs think it is a good idea to groom on a Saturday or Sunday during the day for a couple of reasons. Number one and the obvious is the traffic especially on a twisty trail with lots of hills and blind corners. Number two why would you want to loosen up a hard frozen base for sleds just to blow all the snow off the trail? It is great for the first dozen sleds to ride over then it is junk for the rest. I know some will disagree with me but I have been grooming since 1992 and I have an idea on how this works. I will not groom during the day on a busy weekend to dangerous and waste of time and money! Wait until later in the afternoon or go very early in the morning and be done by 8:00am.

I agree with you 100%, Rock On. Grooming during the day on the weekend is a waste of grooming funds. As soon as the drag loosens the surface the sleds passing over it just creats bumps. IMO, it's just the clubs trying to get noticed that groom during the busy times for the most part. Every once in a while the timing of storms does require clubs to groom when they otherwise wouldn't.

Another video of Saturdays ride

>http://youtu.be/HRrjd-4QSrw

Rock On, ckf, I agree... being a groomer myself for SNHSS we don't go out on Saturdays or Sundays till at least 4:30pm. I think the club was basically bringing the groomer to the warming hut above Lowe's at that point... It was a hell of a surprise for me to come over the hill and see him... especially when i had an unpicked track... either way... great people and great times had on saturday... Kudos to the clubs... Cmon Mother Nature we need more snow.. :)

I have seen several times in Quebec that if the groomer is out in the day, they have a person on a sled who rides well in front of it to warn people. some even had vests on that said grooming.

I have seen several times in Quebec that if the groomer is out in the day, they have a person on a sled who rides well in front of it to warn people. some even had vests on that said grooming.

Thats a great idea

hello guys

where is that parking lot pond of safety all my years I've never been there little help would be great have parked too lots off of 110 before always watching your posts thanks for the great trail info

hello guys

where is that parking lot pond of safety all my years I've never been there little help would be great have parked too lots off of 110 before always watching your posts thanks for the great trail info

it is off of inversion rd in Jefferson. Which is directly across from six gun city.

Thanks nhshiftrider

it is more north than the rt 110e lot

we parked at a lot you talked about last year on rt 110 e on the left.

What is the name of that lot gas is their too.

nice riding from that lot

Also how much more of a car ride to park at pond of safety lot verses the lot at 100e

Thanks for info

nhshiftrider

i just looked it up on map thats a great place to park

we come up from laconia and always go to fabians or 110e lots

this location in right in the middle no fabians notich traffic

Thanks Again

doodave

2015 900ace 60 miles so far nice sled