Sign in to follow this  
triplepleasure

new sled for the kids

Picked up an '04 REV 600HO from a buddy of mine in upstate NY about a month ago for $2500 with only 2150 miles on it. It was his kids sled and before that a friend of his kids sled. Niether of which rode it very much thus the low miles. So in my spare time I have been going through it since about Thanksgiving. Found the carb boots were ripped and then realized the reeds were bad so I bought a new set of both, added the tunnel bag and skidplate,cleaned the carbs and the clutches fixed the pesky kill switch that didnt work and polished every inch of it. I also painted the front suspension, replaced the chewed up flap from the studs with the one off my 07 Blizzard and fabed up a little strap to try and keep this one from getting eatin'. It also came with two sets of panels that I cant decide which ones to use... prolly gonna' with the yellow this year. Only thing left to do is slap the Registration decals on the panels and add snow! Check it out!

post-298-0-49051900-1419345055_thumb.jpg

post-298-0-08040700-1419345077_thumb.jpg

post-298-0-06878200-1419345164_thumb.jpg

post-298-0-63764400-1419345180_thumb.jpg

post-298-0-30280800-1419345212_thumb.jpg

post-298-0-30125100-1419345234_thumb.jpg

post-298-0-53237000-1419345263_thumb.jpg

post-298-0-91162600-1419345282_thumb.jpg

Nice job, the carb boots are always the first thing to check. I would suggest removing some of the decals with a hair dryer. I like the black, but think the checker decals there and on back of seat are cheesy. It is a great sled.

Nice sled, the kids should love it. Pay attention for darting issues some of those early Revs had with the Precision style skis.

Thanks guys. I rode it in NY before I bought it. They had 4" of snow at the time and didnt notice any darting but that wasnt on the trails... I know the darting will become more apparent on a trail. If I do notice a darting problem does anyone know how I can correct it? Right about now I am considering cutting the grass down here in CT and taking the boat out on Christmas day as it's supposed to be 60* down here tomorrow! Either way I am sure the girls will love it. They like my Blizzard so this should be a good fit and keep them off of MY sled!! :clapping: Merry Christmas and happy holidays to everyone on the board.

Thanks guys. I rode it in NY before I bought it. They had 4" of snow at the time and didnt notice any darting but that wasnt on the trails... I know the darting will become more apparent on a trail. If I do notice a darting problem does anyone know how I can correct it? Right about now I am considering cutting the grass down here in CT and taking the boat out on Christmas day as it's supposed to be 60* down here tomorrow! Either way I am sure the girls will love it. They like my Blizzard so this should be a good fit and keep them off of MY sled!! :clapping: Merry Christmas and happy holidays to everyone on the board.

One thing that will help the darting is a set of Pilot skis like the Blizzard has . You may want to post on DooTalk where you may get some good feedback if there is a issue.

Great before and after pics. Nice job detailing the sled!

What product did you use to polish the aluminum?

Nothing special was used on the aluminum just Mothers Aluminum Polish and a lot of elbow grease. Once I get her out on the trails I'll see how the darting is and then research it if need be. Thanks for the compliments guys.

I have heard toe OUT on the ski tips creating a "v" pattern for darting, anyone else????

I have heard toe OUT on the ski tips creating a "v" pattern for darting, anyone else????

That's right. Skis should be toed out about a 1/2 inch. I have had good luck measuring between the carbide bolts, back one and front one. Try to set them a little less than a half inch, since they are not at the end of the skis.

Make sure the handlebars are straight when you do it.

Edited by PolarisCobra