Sign in to follow this  
sledaholic

Looking for information on the 1970 Laconia International Snowmobile Championship

A friend of mine gave me a 1970 Laconia International Snowmobile Championship poster sponsored by the Greater Laconia Weirs Beach Chamber of Commerce at Bryar Motorsport Park (,NHMS),now. I can not find any history or information of this race. Any help to solve this mystery is greatly appreciated. Thanks

post-105-0-94799700-1415303173.jpg

I found this pic a few years ago, sadly the website I found it on No longer exists (www.retrosnow.com) You can try e-mail the guys who used to run it. Tom - tomsnell@irwinmarine.com

And Jay Carsley - crap can't find his e-mail, but Tom will know it

post-844-0-66100100-1415368896_thumb.jpg

Thank you. I got an email from Russ Swenton which included the same photo along with the race results from the Lancaster International Grand Prix Race Feb. 7th-9th which was the week before the Laconia race Feb 14th-15th. Not any mention of the Laconia Race. Wondering if it ever even happened, or was moved to Lancaster. Strange

Jeff,

Are you going to the vintage show at Irwin Marine in Alton Bay tomorrow? There may be a couple of guys there that can provide some info. I sent you a PM...

I'll be there with my sleds.

Edited by MTNBYKR

Wish I could Mike. My son and daughter in-law are at the hospital having our first granddaughter. Time to buy a pink Polaris 120.lol

Congrats Jeff! I hope everyone is healthy!

I'll try to ask around a bit tomorrow. I'll show them your picture and see if I can get any info for you...

PS- Being a vintage guy, you should buy your granddaughter a Little Skipper!

I'll bet the sled museum could give you info. Even better would be to donate the piece to The New Hampshire Sled Museum at Bear Brook State park. It would be hanging on a wall for thousands of sledders to see for hundreds of years. It would probably say Donated by "Snorander" ,

Just think about it, it may even be a tax write off. .

Jeff,

I talked to a guy today who was at that race. He said he would give you a call. I sent you another PM...

PS - I won the people's choice trophy today (1973 and older class) for my TNT!

Dave I won't own it, I just have a picture of it. :) Congrats Mike!!!

The NHSMA was the reason I chased after this when my friend showed it to me. It has been inside and I worry it won't fare well in that environment. The have a room dedicate to items like this that have been donated, but according to Dan they are trying to move into the building across from them and hope to have a much better display. So many cool artifacts in that room. I have sat over there with Dan watching some amazing old home movies and dealer advertisement videos. All of that stuff should be sent out and put on DVD's to preserve them and sell copies. Glad you had a good time Mike.