Sign in to follow this  
prp77

Canoeing the Saco River, what are my options for parking?

I know it's not snowmobile related, but I was hoping someone might be able to help. I have tried searching online but all I come up with is links to canoe/kayaking outfitters.

For a number of years (last time about 25 years ago) a group of us would canoe from the intersection of West Side Road/Rt 302 to Conway (by the covered bridge).

I'm trying to determine if there is a place to park (legally) at the "start" (West Side Road/Rt 302). Just a day trip, nothing overnight.

The plan would be to leave a vehicle in Conway at the parking lot near the covered bridge and then the truck and trailer at the start.

Is there parking by West Side Road/Rt 302?

Thanks,

Doug

There is parking at 1st bride (put in) off river road in North Conway. Just head toward west side rd from N. Conway and the parking lot will be on your right just after you pass under the rail road tussle. The parking lot fills up fast so your best bet is to get there early. Have fun!

The only thing that I can think of for tubing would be from Humphreys Ledge on Westside Rd in Bartlett to first bridge in North Conway. If my memory is right, it's about 3 miles. Other than that you could go through Saco Canoe Rental in Conway. They would have river access on private property to do a shorter trip.

We always park at swans falls right before the fair grounds in fryeburg. Leave one car there then bring second car to 2nd bridge on 302 heading to Bridgeton. That way you can carpool up to get rest of vehicles to pull boats out and go home

We always park at swans falls right before the fair grounds in fryeburg. Leave one car there then bring second car to 2nd bridge on 302 heading to Bridgeton. That way you can carpool up to get rest of vehicles to pull boats out and go home

We did that trip with my sons boy scout troop in early June, had a great time . Had the river all to ourselves that early in the season.

We did first bridge to covered bridge yesterday. 9.5 miles and 8 hours.

that was tubing

Nice! The trip we made was about 19 miles, we camped along the river one night just past the lake. The water temp was in the mid 50s so only a few of us went in it. Very nice river to spend the day on. :)