Sign in to follow this  
kenpaul

May riding

That makes a good season !

That's great, Ken! I've ridden in May in Pittsburg three different years with SledNH members. It was worth the trip every time even though it was never a high milage day.

Where did you find snow ? I have not seen any on the snow depth map outside of the presidential range in a while.

Edited by Bilbo

My guess would be East Inlet or the opposite side coming in from Maine. That's where we always started from on our amay rides.

Everyone was up there riding on 5/3 and 5/4 out of east inlet, trails were real thin but lots of snow in the mountains judging by the pictures. So we decided we'd go for it on 5/7. We get to East Inlet and the gate was locked! No way around it either (gate is on a bridge)... So we decided to cross Rt 3 from East Inlet and head out towards 3rd Conn Lake and the boarder. We found some pretty solid snow out there, after riding 3/4 of a mile of dirt. We also went up Deer Mtn. and found snow there.

There are pics on my Facebook page and treats and treasures also shared my pics

Everyone was up there riding on 5/3 and 5/4 out of east inlet, trails were real thin but lots of snow in the mountains judging by the pictures. So we decided we'd go for it on 5/7. We get to East Inlet and the gate was locked! No way around it either (gate is on a bridge)... So we decided to cross Rt 3 from East Inlet and head out towards 3rd Conn Lake and the boarder. We found some pretty solid snow out there, after riding 3/4 of a mile of dirt. We also went up Deer Mtn. and found snow there.

So you're saying that you would have gone around the locked gate if that pesky river wasn't in the way?

:whistle:

Edited by Old Thumper

That's pretty cool you were able to finish your season in May . Just think, your nearly half way to December to start over again. :fluffy:

So you're saying that you would have gone around the locked gate if that pesky river wasn't in the way?

:whistle:

Well the gate is there for wheeled vehicles to stay out, as the trails were all still marked as open.