Sign in to follow this  
CATRESERVE

A great ride with good conditions to end the season for me...back to work!

:(It is always a sad day to head to camp and get in the last ride and bring home the sleds for the season. Not going to have any time to go back and do another ride...This "work for a living" is tougher and tougher to handle! I still enjoy what I do but..."If you love what you do you won't work a day in your life". There is some truth to that but as we get older...you can fill in the blanks. Greenhouses and Landscaping need my attention (at least my wife thinks so). She is a wonderful women to let me sort of disappear in the winter months. Time to turn the page on the next season.

Anyway, headed up to Groton with my son and a few buddies to go for a ride Sat and Sun. It was great... no traffic, great weather and conditions, great cookout on the grill Sat night to toast a send off to a great season.

Each year I meet more and more of us SledNHer's to ride with and it is great. Made some great new friends and I am surely looking forward to next season and this summer also with a get together or two!

Pictures below: Driving my road into camp, plenty of snow at the camp, beautiful scenery of the area and nice trail conditions! :yahoo:

Riding with my youngest son (in picture) is the "balls" my oldest son is now a regular working man with a steady girlfriend and he could not get out to ride this year.

Reminds me of a song by Harry Chapin..."CAT'S IN THE CRADLE" next time you hear it...really listen to it. Life is to short.

Bruce

post-917-0-77855000-1396963763_thumb.jpg

post-917-0-08305000-1396963902_thumb.jpg

post-917-0-51352400-1396963941_thumb.jpg

post-917-0-69277200-1396963970_thumb.jpg

post-917-0-55308900-1396964012_thumb.jpg

I'm going to get Bruce (Catreserve) out on a kneeboard this summer on Newfound Lake.

We'll share our laughter with all.

-nox

I have a kneeboard and also a wakeboard...haven't used them in a few years...need to get them out. Should be an interesting summer. :snack: A bear usually comes out of hibernation thin and looking to gain some weight...this bear did not hibernate and is looking to loose some weight. :lol: If you can't laugh at yourself then...

Looking forward to it.

Thanks for the ride this year Bruce. (and the gas) Hopefully we'll get together again next year. :drinks:

Great pictures ! and X2 on riding with the kids. My youngest daughter is the only bitten sledder in the family other than me. We rode 97 miles out of Pond of Safety on sunday for our last ride of the season. It would have been a perfect day except i broke one of the great rules of sledding. "never pass a gas station" ... lol I had to hike 2.4 out and then the same 2.4 back with 3.5 gallons of petrol. Sigh... made for a memorable day... oh and I also think of Cat Stevens song all the time... 6 kids do that to you. :) Hope to see you on the trails next year.

I don't leave home without my extra gas...never know when it might come in handy!