Sign in to follow this  
EricfromNHsledding

Baker River Area. Listen up

Baker River Valley Snowmobile Club

8 hrs ·

here we go again. Our trails are marked and by all accounts well groomed. While out tonight we found fresh tracks through the airport behind King's mill that weren't there just 3 hours earlier. We understand that everyone is out to have a good time, and we are glad that people are enjoying our trails. But it is illegal to ride on an airport-PERIOD. There are no snowmobile & stay on trail signs all along the runway. Come on guys-this is corridor 5 and will be a tough reroute if we lose it. Please stay on the trail!

WOW .... I have ridden up there many times and never even noticed an airport !

Rob ......

I came back through that area yesterday around 3 and didnt see any fresh tracks. That section is more then well marked to keep off it.

There is an airport? Where? I never seen an airport. I just did a quick search on Google maps and didn't see anything.

Edited by NHsledin

the airport is behind King's mill, by Shawnee's store. It's a small private strip, but still an airport runway & is off limits for riding.

Edited by snowy1

the airport is behind King's mill, by Shawnee's store. It's a small private strip, but still an airport runway & is off limits for riding.

Correct. At first glance it looks to be just a wide open field... I don't think they plow the airstrip in the winter.

Even so, there's no missing all of the signs and rope blocking it off! :banghead:

I know where it is, it is behind the gas station near the logging operation up there heading towards Warren on 5. Big field that was clearly marked the day I rode on it.

lol, I mean on it on the edge where it is marked as a trail.......

The trail through there is clearly marked and there is more than enough signs warning folks to stay on the trail. If I am not mistaken it was roped as well

We are just busting on him.

I should head over that way and check it out. I have been thinking about race some plane that is landing. JUST KIDDING!

We are just busting on him.

I should head over that way and check it out. I have been thinking about race some plane that is landing. JUST KIDDING!

No You ain't ... LOL ....

Rob ...

Actually where Corr.2 is right beside Rt.4

I use to love racing cars going by on the road.

But of course I would back off the throttle at 45mph ;-)

Rob ....

In the defense of Camo, If there are no photo's, it didn't happen. :worthless: Your honor, my client was in no way responsible for those tracks, he can't even read so how can he be held accountable? The dog ate his homework. So in closing, he is just plain innocent. Besides with a name like"Camosled" who could see him.

Now for my representation in this case i'll need your mailing address to send the legal fees bill to, Camo. :hi:

Edited by gunmaker

YES, another case won. :drinks:. Not to take this lightly though. If his son did it, it just opens it up for more people to see it,ride it, mentality.

Edited by gunmaker

YES, another case won. :drinks:. Not to take this lightly though. If his son did it, it just opens it up for more people to see it,ride it, mentality.

That's exactly what has happened... Seeing somebody else's tracks just makes it too inviting.

I went through there last night and many sleds have been going through the field. There isn't any rope blocking it off like I thought, but numerous signs that can't be missed.