Sign in to follow this  
renegade74

Welch Top

I cleared from the original stop / turn around through the regrowth and over to where it was logged from the other side a few years back. It's rough, and not marked yet. It's open to sleds, but at your own risk. I do not own a sled that can break the trail open, or I would go up to the tip top so others could follow. You can see aprovince lake and Ossipee lake from there. The heavy snow has created a LOT of work out on the welch top trail. Pretty much the entire trail from rt 25 to the top needs brushing again.

Eventually, yes, it will connect to C-19 in SLSC's system. An application to access the PRSF was never processed @ the state. If it ever comes through, then work can begin in ernest. It will be a huge project..miles of new trail, a dozen bridges...

Are you game to lend a hand? Is anyone here game?

See what OT put at the bottom of his post? Enthusiastic trail builders and maintainers are needed to build these cool trail ideas. We have a few great ideas for routes in the OVSC sysyem that have been discussed. Lack of manpower is always a concern.

Went up last weekend with my son, one steep incline was complete ice, made it past on second attempt then blew right by the turn around! Didn't recognize it with all that's grown over. PM me and if I'm in. That link up would be great for riders that are on the south end of Ossipee lake that are land locked if it's not frozen over.

That steep incline is always a problem. But I have the solution. All it takes is a few good men to help drag the hemlock brush away after I take it down. The snow never gets to the ground there because the evergreens hold it up. I have permission to do the work.

I will PM you this spring, and thanks!